Chapter 15: Don't look directly, don't pry.

She clasped her hands tightly on the floor, and the veins in her slender hands were exposed due to pain. Blood kept pouring out of her mouth, nose, and ears, and even her body was leaking blood.

  Fragmented images flashed through her mind.

  In the dark and closed space, a gentle female voice seemed to be saying something. She couldn't open her eyes but the surroundings were warm, as if she was back in her mother's amniotic fluid.

  But faintly, she seemed to be able to detect a secret, dark force, violent and cold, that had been peeping at her, or... observing her?

  She has been having this dream since she could remember it in the 21st century, until she was seven years old.

  But what was different from the past was that this time the images lasted longer than any other time in the dream.

  She could barely feel the passage of time in the dark space, but she could feel a steady stream of power flowing into her body, and the mysterious woman she had never seen was weakening little by little.

  Although he couldn't see her appearance, a sense of closeness naturally arose in Yan Xi's heart, like a closeness connected by blood.

  The other party's strength seemed to be weakening a little bit, but he still worked hard to support her growth.

  Yan Xi felt that her body was growing up little by little. She began to stretch her curled legs, and her yet-to-be-grown spiritual consciousness began to wander aimlessly until her spiritual consciousness touched another extremely cold consciousness.

  It was the power that had been watching her.

  The alarm bells rang in her heart, the feeling of being targeted by a natural enemy engraved in her soul.

  But the other person's consciousness seemed to have just formed. She didn't hesitate. She "bited" the other person with her consciousness, tore off a piece of something and ran towards her mother while the other person was stunned.

  In the gloomy darkness, a pair of scarlet eyes like a sea of ​​blood emerged.

  Like the most terrifying horror at the end of the world.

  Do not look directly, do not spy.

  "Ugly girl! Wake up!" A solemn male voice exploded in her mind! It's Chi Li!

  Yan Xi came back to his senses, and the dream he was immersed in suddenly shattered. A loud voice like ancient Sanskrit music vibrated in Yan Xi's mind, and a shadow rose with difficulty from the depths of the loose sea of ​​consciousness.

  Immediately afterwards, the shadow became more and more solid, and turned out to be in the shape of a book!
  Beast Control Judgment!
  The three characters "Bi Zou Long Snake" appeared on it, majestic. The ray of red gold fire sent by Chi Li flew uncontrollably towards the page of the book, and finally the image of a phoenix spreading its wings and about to fly was engraved on it.

  The phoenix bathed in flames looks up to the sky and roars, as if it bursts out of the sky, extremely domineering!
  The next second, the shadow of the book disappeared, and the method of animal taming contract was imprinted in her mind, as if it was her instinct.

  "Huh??"

  Yan Xi stood up and realized that he was covered in blood.

  "Ugly girl, what happened to you just now?" Chi Li's questioning voice came in his mind.

  "It's okay. I had a nightmare just now." Yan Xi shook his head and tried to recall the scene in the dream, but he couldn't remember it clearly.

  In the past, her dreams stopped when the mother in the dream became weak, but this time there seemed to be something more.

  She vaguely remembered what she seemed to see at the end of the dream, but she forgot it as soon as she woke up.

  Chi Li's consciousness looked at the girl with blood on her face and raised her eyebrows, nightmare?

  He clearly felt a power in her just now.

  That power made him a little afraid.

  Yan Xi sat up and adjusted his breathing for a while before calming down.

  After wiping the blood on her face, the dark eyes on her delicately contoured face became clear and serious again.

  She still remembered that before she fell into the nightmare, she faintly heard Chi Li saying a life contract, and her voice was clearly angry.

  "Did the contract fail to be signed? What was the life contract you mentioned before?" Yan Xi asked. She could vaguely feel that there was something more in her consciousness, and the contract did not seem to have failed, but Chi Li's angry voice made her doubt her judgment.

  It was okay if he didn't say this, but when he said it, Chi Li's face turned dark again.

  He never expected that after traveling across the world for tens of thousands of years, he would actually sign a life contract with a little girl who had no cultivation and was not even a fraction of his own age.

  Seeing that Chi Li didn't want to answer, Yan Xi didn't care either. She was more concerned about whether the ice abyss in her body could be solved. "If the contract fails, will our cooperation also be terminated?"

  Yan Xi thought of the ice abyss, He frowned, and was about to ask Chi Li if he could change to another transaction method or sign another contract, when he heard a sound of gritted teeth -

  "It's not a failure even if it fails."

  Yan Xi: "Huh? "Failure is half the battle?"
  Chi Li took a deep breath and explained, "I originally wanted to sign an ordinary contract with you, but for some reason, it turned into a life contract. The life contract is more binding than the ordinary contract. From now on, I will sign a contract with you. Life and death together."

  Thinking of the glorious years when he turned his hands to make clouds and rain, and then thinking that he was now bound to a little girl with no cultivation, this contrast made it a little difficult for Lord Chili to accept for a while. .

  Yan Xi's black eyes narrowed, "You mean, you made a mistake and turned the contract between us into a life contract?"

  Hearing the disgust in Yan Xi's words, Chi Li almost choked out a mouthful of blood.

  He hasn't disliked her yet, but she has disliked her first?

  "How could I make a mistake in my operation?" Zhi Li expressed strong dissatisfaction with being doubted about his ability. "Baby girl, there is something weird about you."

  When Yan Xi said this, he thought of his dream and the sudden sudden change in his consciousness. The pages that appeared made me feel a little guilty for no reason.

  She skipped this topic and turned her attention to the cultivation issue that urgently needed to be solved, "No matter whose problem it is, we are all grasshoppers on the same rope now. The top priority is to improve our strength. Only by removing the ice abyss, can I After you are able to practice, I can help you collect the heavenly and earthly treasures that can restore your soul."

  Inside the soul-encrusting bracelet, the blazing golden eyes seemed to be dancing with unquenchable flames.

  For some reason, he felt close to this ugly girl. Although he said he disliked her, he was actually not that resistant to signing a life contract with her.

  Moreover, the power of his soul that solidified in that moment when he signed the contract with her was comparable to that of his sleeping for a thousand years.

  He had a vague hunch that his chance of recovery lay with the ugly girl.

  But...

  "Not now." Chi Li shook his head and said to Yan Xi, "Your body is now riddled with holes and your constitution is too poor. You simply cannot withstand the battle between my natal fire and the ice abyss in your body.

  To deal with the ice abyss, we must first recuperate your physique."

  Yan Xi looked at his body. Due to long-term malnutrition and bullying, coupled with depression, he looked very sallow and thin.

  Yan Xi pursed his lips and planned to make an exercise plan starting from tomorrow. He would start running every day and mix some potions to strengthen his body.

  However, Yan Xi's thoughts had just arisen when a complex message sounded in her mind along with Chi Li's voice.

  "This is a medical book that I got by chance. It contains prescriptions for cleansing the marrow and forging the body. When your physical condition improves, I will help you deal with the coldness of the abyss."

  Yan Xi saw that a golden book suddenly appeared in the sea of ​​consciousness. big book.

  The pages of the book are written in small seal script with the four characters of Shen Nong's Medical Classics, shining brightly.

  Yan Xi tried to look through it. There were some identifications of herbal medicines and some prescriptions for elixirs in front of it.

  Yan Xi looked at it, feeling warm in his heart. She had also studied herbal medicines in her previous life, so it was obvious that some of the formulas in this medical scripture were much more sophisticated than those she had come across before.

  (End of chapter)