45. DNA test

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I sit in the lobby of Hera Palace. I got a text earlier this morning from Ms Oh. She told me to meet her. I was wondering what she wanted to talk about. I haven't seen her after Logan's dead. I knew Logan and Ms Sim have forgiven her for what she did, but I still couldn't. 

"You actually came" Ms Oh steps over to me. "I'm glad"

"What do you want to talk about? I'm a busy person"

"Before Logan died, I spoke to him"

She sits down besides me. I turn to her with big eyes. "You talked to him?"

"Do you know how much he cared about you?" she looks at me. "During his time away, he went to Japan and-"

"Wait" I stop her. "Japan? Why would he go to Japan"

"That's where you got adopted from"

I scoff. "He was still trying to find my birth parents? Even though they're dead?"

"He didn't believe they're actually dead. Your parents might've lied to you"

"Why would they do that?"

"To not make you hate them" Ms Oh sighs. "The only thing we know is your dad's last name and how your mom looks like"

"Wouldn't it be easy to find my dad? There aren't many Joo's in Japan"

"That's the thing, there are no records of a Joo ever getting a kid in Japan. The person who dropped you off at the adoption centre just signed off with that name. The birth certificate you saw was made after you got adopted"

"So.." I chuckle. "..we aren't even sure if my real dad's last name is Joo?"

"But there's one thing we do know" she grabs a paper out of her pocket. "You got adopted when you were 5"

I take the paper out of her hand. I read it through. It's an adoption certificate. It states my parents names Park Sunho and Nari Bianchi as the ones who are adopting me and the date of adoption in the left corner. Two thousand and eight. That's five years after I was born.

"I was five?" I say. "So my parents were alive all that time?"

"Do you not remember anything? You should remember at least something"

I shake my head. "I really don't remember. My parents told me I developed quiet late which could've intervened with my memories as a child"

"They might've erased your memory. Or.."

"Or?"

"Or something so traumatic happened to you that as a shock your brain wiped out all your memories"

"Then how will I ever remember who my parents were? This means I know who they are. I've talked to them and lived with them" my throat swells up. "Why can't I remember anything"

"As it happened a long time ago I'm not sure they will ever comeback" Ms Oh sighs. "But don't sweat it. I'll do anything to help you find your birth parents"

I glare at her. "Is that your way of saying sorry for killing SeolA?"

"I know you still resent me and I won't make any excuses. Rona likes you so much and I can't bare the thought that you hate me. I'll keep trying until you find a place in your heart to forgive me"

My eyes were prickling with tears. I turn away and bite on my lip. "Does Ms Sim know? That my birth parents might be alive"

"I told her this morning" I can feel her placing her hand on my shoulder. "Please stay strong. You can't loose hope, Logan never did"