28. Rona died today

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

It's the sound of the doorbell that made me open my eyes. I can feel myself laying in a pool of sweat. I look at my couch near the window and see how Lucas is sitting there, listening to his music while doing his homework.

"Lucas" I say as loud as I can, but my throat barely has any sound left.

I grab my pillow and throw it at him. He frightens and plugs his AirPods out. His body turns to me in the speed of light.

"You're awake"

"Why are you sitting here? Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"Well..I couldn't leave you here alone"

A few knocks are heard on my door. When it opens, I see my mom standing there. 

"You're still in bed?"

She walks over to the window and wants to open the curtains, but Lucas stops her.

"What are you doing here?" she says, glaring at him. "Am I paying your schools for you to just sit at home?"

"Like you'll miss that money.." I hear Lucas whisper.

"I'm looking out for your future. You guys can't sit at home all day because of this accident!" she looks at me. "You should've won that damn trophy. Now it's up to your brain to get you into SNU"

"Accident?" I say. "Accident!"

"How dare you raise your voice at your mother?" she wants to slap me, but Lucas stops her again.

I hide myself under my blanket. I can hear them saying something to each other, but my ears are officially not working anymore. I clench my hands around my knees and push them against my chest, making me feel like a snail. 

My brain isn't able to process anything since last week. I'm still wearing the same shirt and pants I was wearing underneath my dress. I can't seem to take them off or wash the blood off of my body. It's like I'm slowly starting to shut down.

I felt the sudden vibration of my phone under my pillow. I grabbed it and looked at the most recent text.

"Meet me at Han River bridge at 8. Don't be late"

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I'm standing on the centre of the bridge at the reeling, looking over the shiny water. What if I just jumped right now? It'll make my problems and sadness disappear in a heartbeat. People would cry for a week and then move on with their lives and act like I never existed.

My phone starts to vibrate again. I grab it and look at the message.

"Look besides you"

I turn my head and see someone walking towards me. They're wearing a long grey coat and have black hair, sided to the left. I keep watching how he starts to appear more closer and familiar to me. 

As soon as his face became visible to me in the moonlight, I dropped my phone. My heartbeat fastened while the tears that haven't been there since the afternoon start to appear again. 

"Have you been waiting for me?"

I look at him with unbelievable eyes. From his hair till shoes, everything has changed. He doesn't even look like the same person. I raise my hand and slap him really hard against his cheek. It frightened me a bit, but I remain emotionless. 

"Have you-"

"How dare you show up here?" I whisper. "You've ignored me for almost a year and you dare to ask me this?"