32. My safe space

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"It'll leave a scar if you won't sit still"

He puts his hand on my cheek to make me stop moving. He then gently pressed the cotton swap with some disinfection on my wound. It stings like hell, making my eyes tear up too.

"They only had these bandages.." 

Seokhoon pulls some hello kitty bandages out of his pocket, making me sigh.

"Just do it. I'll buy some new ones before school tomorrow"

He picked out the cutest one from the box and stuck it against my cheek. It feels weird, but refreshing. I just hope it won't leave a scar as it's my face and not my arm or something.

I decided to stay at a pretty cheep apartment for tonight. There's no way I'll enter that house when my parents are the only ones there.

"Will you really stay here here?" Seokhoon looks around. "It doesn't even have a shower"

"There's one down the hall. It's a sharing one"

He lets out a sigh. "Just stay with us. I don't trust this place"

"Your dad wouldn't keep that from mine. It's okay, I'll manage staying here for a few days"

I sit down on the chair, almost falling because of how wobbly it is. 

"It's missing a leg if you didn't notice"

I look down and indeed see that it only has three legs. I get up and start to walk around. The walls are old and the corners are filled with mold. The kitchen is small but practical for if you're alone. It has a water cooker and a microwave so that's okay.

"Do you want any extra towels?"

The sudden voice made me almost scream. I turn around and see a man standing in the middle of the room, holding some white towels.

"No, I'm fine"

"This is a singles person bedroom only" the man looks at Seokhoon. "If you're here together.."

"No, he's going to leave soon" 

The man nodded and left the room. I place my hand on my heavy beating heart and shake my head. Seokhoon chuckles and walks over to me.

"The door doesn't have a lock"

"Yeah I figured"

I walk over to the window and open it. Even the view fits this shipwreck. It's just a wall I'm looking at. But I couldn't ask more for only 5 dollars a night.

"I don't think an open window will get the smell out of here"

"You can go now" I look at him. "It's late and we've got school tomorrow"

"Will you be fine?"

I walked over to the bed and laid down. It's not too soft but not too hard either.

"I think so"

Seokhoon grabbed his helmet and walked towards the door. When he opened the door, the man from before was standing there.

"Need a towel?" I hear him ask.

"No, it's fine"

He closes the door and turns to me.