22. The real killer

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"Where are mom and dad?"

I pour myself a glass of water. Ivy is doing yoga in the middle of the living room while Lucas is laying on the couch, studying as usual.

"I don't know, they left in a hurry this morning"

I walk to my brother and sit down besides him. I glance over his shoulder to see what he's studying.

"I'm so happy that mom blessed me with her singing voice" I mumble, reading all the odd formulas in Lucas his book. 

"Never been more jealous of you" he laughs.

Suddenly, the door bell rang. I get up and walk to the door. As I opened it, my eyes widened. 

"Can we talk?"

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

The afternoon evening is pretty. The sky is clear without a single cloud to be seen. I'm not going to lie, him asking me to talk to me made me a bit nervous. Two days ago at school were the first words we said to each other after eight months and after that we barely looked at each other in class. 

"How was New York?"

I gulp. "Nothing new. Kind of boring actually"

"Why?"

"My friends moved on and made new memories. They felt like strangers"

"That usually happens if you leave for a long time" he sighs. "Just like when friends don't keep in touch when one of them is away"

"Listen, I wanted to call you, but-"

"It's okay. I figured you were busy"

I lower my head and let out a silent deep breathe. Seokhoon suddenly stops walking, making me stop too. I look ahead of us and notice a group of reporters standing in front of the police station.

"What's going on?" I mumble.

The two of us walk over there, making the reporters turn to Seokhoon. He mumbles a bit, not knowing what to say or what this all is regarding. I stand outside of the group, watching how he's being bombarded with questions. 

"Did you ever suspect your father being stalked by your maid?"

"What do you think about Ms Yang being the one who killed your mother?"

Some police men run out of the building and help Seokhoon inside. I follow him and watch how the reporters all huddle together in front of the door.

"The murderer, Yang, was a housekeeper who worked for the victim. She had been stalking chairman Joo, the victims husband, for a couple of years.."

"Wait so..they're saying she's the killer?" I mumble.

Seokhoon shakes his head, leaning against the wall. "How could she be the one who killed my mom"

The reporters start to make a fuss again. The door opens and someone rushes inside. I quickly notice who it is. It's Rona. I look at how she rushes into the hallway towards a police officer. I can see how exited she is just by the way her hands move while she's talking.

I follow her and see how she runs into someone's arms. Seokhoon takes place besides me. We watch how Rona embraces a woman I can't seem to identify.

"Who is.." I say.