36. According to plan

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I'm laying in bed in a pool of my own tears. I told my parents I signed up for an internship downtown so they wouldn't question my whereabouts every time I leave the house. I've actually just been sleeping in Logan's hotel room all day as he isn't here much. It's been about two days since the wedding and since Mr Ha got arrested.

Of course I know he's not the killer. Seokhoon told me not to say anything to anyone until I'm really sure that it's my brother who..I can't even think it. 

"Dami?" Logan enters the room. "Are you okay?"

He sits down on the corner of the bed. I turn to him. 

"Yeah" my voice breaks. "I'm good"

"You've been in this bed since 10am. It's currently 11pm"

"Logan" I start to cry. "Help me"

He kneels down in front of me. I can feel the tears coming down as quick as rain. He places his hand on my cheek and tries to calm me down.

"I know what you're thinking" he says. "But Lucas couldn't have done it. He's my friend. I know he isn't capable of murder"

"We don't know that anymore" I sob. "I can't trust my family anymore" 

I continued to lay in bed for the next couple of hours. Logan ordered some food and then told me he had to go take care of something. I swallowed the food like it was my final meal on earth. My dad called a couple of times and I told him I'm staying at Jeni's tonight.

He ended his message with. 'Goodnight my princess. I love you'

Suddenly, my phone jumped back on. It's a call from an unknown number.

I pick up. And when hearing the voice on the other line, my heart dropped.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I'm standing in front of the hospital room of the person who called me. I open the door and head inside without thinking. Someone is laying in the bed. It's a girl. She has a bandage around her head. I look besides me and see Seokhoon sitting there. 

"Dami" the girl in the bed sits up straight. "You look like you've seen a ghost"

I drop my purse on the ground. 

"Rona?" my voice shakes.

I can see a tear go down her eye. She starts reaching her hand to me. I gently move closer to her. I'm too overwhelmed right now. My heart aches as I look into the eyes of the girl I thought was dead all this time. 

"I'm so sorry" I whisper. "I..I'm.."

"What are you.." Rona pauses and gulps. "..sorry for?"

"You..you" I can't find the right words for this situation. "Who did this to you?"

Rona her lips move slowly, but there's not sound coming out of it. A nurse walks into the room and starts to check Rona her condition.

"She's tired" the nurse says. "You two can comeback tomorrow after she's gotten some sleep"

I watch how Rona her eyes close again. Seokhoon and I leave the room and sit down on a bench in the hallway.