17. My brother

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

My eyes slowly opened due to the sudden light piercing through them. I get up and look around me. I'm in a hospital room. I look besides me at the couch and see Seokkyeong sleeping there. Mrs Sim is sitting in a chair besides it, writing something in a notebook.

"Mrs Sim?"

"Dami? You're awake"

Seokkyeong her eyes open in a flash. She looks at me and smiles. "Dami!"

She jumps up and sits down on my bed besides my legs, putting her hand on my forehead to probably see if I have a fever.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. What happened?"

"The doctors said it's nothing serious. Just stress and tiredness"

I nod a little and lay back down in my bed. I suddenly hear the door of the room open. Turning my head, I see Seokhoon standing there. He rushes towards my bed and looks at me like I'm about to die.

"Are you okay? How do you feel?"

"I'm fine. I slept nice"

He sighs and plops down on the chair besides my bed. Mrs Sim shakes her head a little.

"I'm so sorry, Dami. This wouldn't have happened if-"

She stops midways her sentence, glancing at her kids. She gulps a bit, clearing her throat.

"Kids, can you get something to drink and tell the doctor Dami woke up?"

"Allright" 

As soon as Seokhoon and Seokkyeong left the room, Mrs Sim continues.

"I know it's hard right now. But-"

"Just tell me it brought us any closer"

She nods. "It definitely did. I filed for a divorce too"

"I don't understand why you didn't do that earlier"

"I just waited for the right moment" she smiles. "I'm also meeting Logan-"

"Does he know I'm here? Did you tell him?"

Mrs Sim laughs. "He was here earlier when Seokkyeong was asleep, don't worry"

I want to get up but the woman pushes me back into my bed. "You'll see him soon. For now it's important to rest"

"I can't. My mind just keeps circling back and I have so many questions and-"

"Dami?"

I turn my head to the door. If I didn't feel like my heart was about to jump out of my chest before, it definitely feels like it is now. A tall shadow is standing in the door entrance, wearing an expensive suit. He's holding a phone in one hand and some flowers in the other. My mom and sister are standing behind him, waving at me.

"Who's that?" Mrs Sim asks me.

"That's..my brother"

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

My head is resting on his shoulder. He's telling me so many stories. My mom and sister are sitting on the couch, listening along like they weren't there during those happenings. My brother being here is a surprise to me. Upsetting that the only reason for his return is me laying in the hospital. 

"Lucas"

"Yes? Does anything hurt?"

I sit up straight. "Will you leave again after I get out of the hospital?"