07. Let's play a game

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"I'm so happy that you finally made some friends"

"Mom, shht"

Rona opens the door and walks into her room. I lift my head from my phone and look at how she carries some snacks. She places the tray on the ground and signs me to come sit down besides her.

"Nervous about tomorrow?"

"A little, I really hope I make it" I sit down besides Rona on the floor. "I'm sorry that you got disqualified"

"At least the truth got out. I couldn't let Ha Eunbyeol get away with something again" she smiles at me. "Thanks again. Without you it wouldn't have worked"

"It's all you"

I make myself comfortable as Rona starts to eat some chips. I grab some candy and start to eat too.

"You must hate her" I say. "Ha Eunbyeol"

"She gets on my nerves but that's it. If she doesn't bother me I won't bother her"

"I like that. You should stand up for yourself"

"But enough about that" Rona grabs my hand "Do you enjoy it here?"

"I miss America but it's not bad. I just need to get used to it"

"Is your dad still there?"

I stop chewing my banana candy and look up. Rona has her eyes set on me, waiting for my answer. 

"Yeah, yeah he's there"

"You must miss him. It's hard to be away from your parents" she sighs. "I'm glad my mom is always here"

Ever since I met Rona she seemed different. She was the one who benefitted the most out of SeolA's death, but why does it seem like she actually didn't. The way she talks, thinks and acts..is she just pretending to look innocent? Or is she actually innocent?

"Let's eat quick and get ready for bed" Rona says. "Or else we'll look like zombies tomorrow"

"Yeah..right"

As we finished the plates, we got dressed, brushed our teeth and laid down in Rona's bed. She turns to me before I could close my eyes.

"Dami, thank you for being friends with me"

I turn to her. "Why are you thanking me for that?"

"No reason, I'm just grateful"

There's no way she had something to do with her death, right?

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"Dami hurry up!"

Seokkyeong pulls me with her out of the car. We run into the school after some of our other classmates. Some are already gathered around Mr Ma who's hanging something up.

"Ahh teacher can you tell us already!"

Mr Ma smiles suspicious and takes a step away from the new notice. Everyone rushes over to it. I stay behind. I'll find out in a few seconds anyways.

"Dami!!" Seokkyeong pushes everyone aside and hugs me. "You did it. You're the new Student Ambassador!"

"M-Me?" I say surprised. "But how?"

"Exactly, how" Yoojung, one of our classmates, walks over to us. "How can someone who's dad abandoned her be the Student Ambassador"

It becomes quiet. Seokkyeong let's go of me and looks at the girl with a disgusted look. She wants to say something but I stop her.