04. Old friend

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"There has been a robbery case in our school which is totally unacceptable"

Mr Ma walks around the classroom with his stick. Everyone has their hands on their head, glaring at our insane teacher. Jeni lost her hair pin, so what? No one told her to take that expensive thing to school where things get lost on a daily basis.

"I have no choice but to check your belongings"

The teacher didn't even finish his sentence as he already walked over to Rona.

"Bae Rona, open your pencil case"

She does as he says, opening her pencil case quickly. Her eyes widen a bit, just like Mr Ma's. I try to glance over Rona her shoulder but Mr Ma gives me one of his deadly expressions, making me sit back down.

"What is this? Do you smoke?"

Smoke?

I finally see what they are so shocked about. A pack of cigarettes is hidden inside of Rona her pencil case. She glances over at me and starts to shake her head.

"This isn't mine, really"

"Isn't this your bag?"

"Well it is...but please teacher I swear I don't smoke"

"How dare you lie to me!" Mr Ma grabs Rona her bag. "Did you take Jeni her hair pin too?"

He puts the bag upside down, letting all her belongings fall down to the ground. My eyes widen by seeing the 18+ magazine laying on the floor. Everyone starts to murmur and chuckle quietly.

"Someone put it in my bag this isn't mine!"

Rona glares over at Jeni. "You, did-"

I grab her hand before she could walk over to Jeni. "Don't do something you'll regret"

"She did this. I'm sure! She's putting on an act again"

Rona pushes my arm away.

"Why are you doing this? Are you that bored?!"

"The only thing I am is upset about is because I lost my hairpin! My dad got it for my birthday!"

Jeni gets off her seat, pushing Rona against the piano. I want to do something, but my legs aren't moving. Maybe it's better like this, doing nothing. I can't be disliked. No. I can't.

I need to stay quiet and don't get distracted. 

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

It's finally lunch break. Seokkyeong grabs my hand and pulls me with her after Seokhoon towards the bleachers.

"Now that we're alone.." She looks over at me. "...don't you think Bae Rona deserved it? I didn't even have to do anything"

"What?"

I let go off her hand, watching how she starts to laugh lightly.

Seokhoon frowns. "It was you who put the cigarets in her bag?"

"What are you talking about? I didn't do it!"

"That's right. She didn't do it" I defend her, even though I shouldn't after what she just said. 

"I saw her go into Rona's room last night"

"That's because I told her to go there"

"Why?"