21. Welcome back

Four months later

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"CEO Park Sunho, founder of the Airbyte group has announced a partnership with JKING Holdings with CEO Joo Dantae. The two companies have joined hands and are working on a large project that will, as they said, change the whole economy. Park Sunho is back in Korea after living in New York City for a large amount of time. Today we greeted him at the airport along with his family."

"Girl on the left, can you raise your head a bit?"

I try lifting my head, but based on the photographers face it is still not right. My mom grabs my chin and pulls my face down a bit before pulling it back up.

"Perfect! Now hold still"

The flashlight from the camera makes my eyes water, but I hold it back. I'm in the centre of the picture, making me feel even more anxious than I'm already am.

"Come look at how well the pictures turned out"

I relief my stomach and let my breath go back to normal. We walk to the computer and look at the pictures.

"You have a beautiful family, Mr Park"

I look at my dad who's proudly viewing our pictures. Ever since we came to America to see him again he hasn't left our side. Now that we've returned to Seoul, he offered himself to take family pictures even though my mom is usually the one forcing him into taking one. 

I'm so happy that we're all back together again, like a normal family.

"You can put this one on the article" my dad points at the worst picture of me. "And send these ones to my email" he points at all the other pictures where I do look flawless.

"I'll do that right away"

The five of us walk out of the studio. My mom and dads car is waiting in front of the car that they got for Ivy, Lucas and me.

"You kids go straight home. Dami and Lucas have classes tomorrow and I want you to rest enough"

My sister is taking a gab year and will reenrol in Yonsei in the spring. She's taking this as her time to look for her passion which is now law.

"Can I come with you then?" Ivy says. "I want to see the new office"

"Okay, fine"

My dad opens the door for my mom and Ivy as they get in. He then walks over to the passenger side of the car. He turns to me and Lucas and smiles at us before entering. When Lucas and I entered the car, we both spoke.

"This is weird"

We glance at each other and laugh.

"Since when has our family been this..normal" he mumbles.

"Careful with what you say. Today was only our first day back into hell"

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I unpacked my suitcase and stored it back to where all the suitcases are. I tried to do some last minute homework, but my mind hasn't been focussed at all. My mom, dad and Ivy are still at the office while Lucas went to a gym that opened up nearby.

Suddenly, I heard the front door rattle. I assumed it was my mom or dad who came back early, but then I remembered her saying that they would also eat out. I look at the clock and see that it's nearly 6pm.

Maybe it's Lucas? No he left only 20 minutes ago.

I can still hear the door rattling like someone is trying to pick the lock. I grabbed a sharp pencil and moved to the living room. I hide behind the wall. But the rattling has stopped. Did they hear me? Was it a burglar? No that's impossible in a place like this..