{Chapter 15}

They walked along the riverside up to the end. It was a few hours until they found a familiar clam to Kisses view.

"Your friends are at the healing center?" Mimi there was a slight strain in her voice that Kisses noticed making her feel a bit wary before she just nodded. Mimi hummed in response, she didn't seem upset if not a bit annoyed.

Kisses stepped over to where the edge of the river was. She looked over to see if Bailey was out of the water. Mimi held onto Kisses back as she looked over to the snakes in her hair looking upwards along with her.
Kisses sighed seeing she wasn't there.

Bailey probably stayed underwater most of the time. Her being over water was just because Kisses happened to be over water that time due to her being healed by them.

A thumb layed circles on Kisses back. She eyed Mimi looking upwards to see a gentle smile in return.
"If we can find your friend, maybe they can help us look underwater, I assume you've had enough water for the day." Mimi chuckled in her attempt to cheer Kisses up.
Kisses gruffed as she turned away standing straight again.

She held onto her ears wondering what she should do next. Snakes couldn't swim so she was mostly out of ideas.

A giant splash startled her as she quickly turned around to see Mimi throw in what looked to be half of a tree that fell over. Kisses stared at the murky water that the tree was slowly starting to sink into.
Kisses quickly looked over to Mimi who looked like she didn't even break a sweat.

"H-how did you do that?" Kisses asked still a bit startled. She knew Mimi could lift her, that she wasn't weak despite her more feminine appearance but still.

Mimi raised an eyebrow as she looked at her before chuckling, "Oh that, it wasn't a big deal. I'm quite fit despite everything, all that working with rocks really helps." Mimi just smiled at Kisses who just had her mouth slightly opened.

"You're so strong Mimi." Kisses said in slight awe looking at her making Mimi pause before blushing profusely before waving a hand.

Kisses had her attention diverted as she heard some of the bubbles coming up from underneath the water. Kisses looked over the river side to be splashed slightly in the face by water as an annoyed looking Bailey came up to the surface.

Her annoyed face looked at Mimi before tuning into a more confused one as her eyes drifted to Kisses.

"Cutie what are you doing here? Did you get lost again?" Bailey said, still confused as she stared at her. Her eyes narrowing.

Kisses blushed slightly embarrassed now realizing they might have caused trouble.
"Were followers, were attempting to look for the heart again, You're a friend of Kisses right?" Mimi said politely with a gentle smile as she reached her hand over to offer a handshake.

Bailey began to smile greatly, her teeth showing as she aggressively shook Mimi's hand. Mimi fumbled forward slightly but stopped herself before she fell in the river, chuckling as Bailey let her go.

"Sorry, sorry. I didn't think Cutie would actually go for it." Bailey smiled.

Mimi hummed looking over to Kisses before back to Bailey. "Sorry about the tree, we didn't know how else to get your attention."

Bailey shrugged, seeming to not be so annoyed anymore. "I can fix it later, a smaller branch will do next time though." Bailey stated making Mimi blush a bit embarrassed now.

"Do you think the heart could be in the water?" Kisses asked, suddenly cutting off the two's conversation.

Bailey looked over and eyed them both. "I wouldn't think so, the forest has made the river so short now that I would imagine I would be able to see it at this point. Or at least one of the teens…"
Bailey trailed off as Kisses seemed to frown in disappointment now.

Bailey grimaced seeing her expression and suddenly perked up. "But you know what do I know? I don't have a connection to the heart a follower would so maybe I just can't feel it."
Bailey said making Kisses perk up a bit.

"Do you think I can look above?" Kisses asked hopefully.
Bailey nodded.

"I'll stay over here to watch you okay? Snakes don't do well in cold water." Mimi said softly rubbing Kisses back. Kisses nodded as she slowly made her way into Bailey's arms.

The water was cold as usual, making her shiver. She picked up her dress in hopes it wouldn't  get as wet as her last one, knowing pretty sure this was her last one in the bag at the moment. She's been getting wet a lot lately.

Bailey hummed a melody as she carried her over the water as she waited for Kisses response to see if she felt anything.

Disappointment grew in Kisses when minutes after minutes passed and she still couldn't feel any sort of difference inside of her.
"Hey it's okay, the river is pretty long anyways. It might be further back." Bailey said, trying to cheer Kisses up.

Kisses just nodded knowing she shouldn't get her hopes up. It's been years since the heart was last seen. Kisses couldn't make a difference in that.

In her thoughts she felt as the key on her back was turning from Bailey's hands. Slowly but curiously. The similar feeling of fatigue went away again as her key was once again turned.

Yet this time instead of a constant turn she felt herself push off Bailey freaking out a bit as she splashed in the water not having the same concern for her clothes as she did before. Bailey quickly scooped her up trying to get her back to land to an equally worried Mimi.

"Hey- I'm sorry, sorry! I acted impulsively." Bailey said, freaking out now as she got Kisses to the ground.

"What did you do?!" Mimi said angrily, taking Kisses from her worriedly.

"I don't know?!" Bailey said equally as concerned now.

Kisses felt that similar feeling of wanting to pass out but before she could think straight her heart pumped faster making her quickly stand. There was a drag to the forest. In between the trees for a need to move forward. She ran into the woods feeling her paws hit at the ground. She could hear the voice of Mimi calling out for her.

She ran further into the woods. Too fast for Mimi to catch up with until she ended up in a familiar fountain with the dome of the bending tree above her.