{Chapter 4}

The woman lifted her arms over the grass covered cliffs and laid her arms together forward and lazily drifted her head on them.
Kisses stayed quiet hearing a rustling behind her of the fox ladies quickly setting up a small table with tea set up.

Kisses looked behind before softly gasping as she was picked up by the scruff of her dress by the woman by one of her third arm's that she didn't see before that was covered in more jewelry of bracelets and rings then her arms at the top.. She lifted her up and set her down to sit in the chair. She lifted her chin upwards a bit with one of her fingers.
"Well, you're just a doll aren't you?" She asked rhetorically with a bit of a grumble coming out.

Kisses looked up at her before nodding slightly. "I think I'm made of clay..." she whispered softly, too quiet for the woman to hear anything but a slight sound of a buzz of a bee yet she hummed anyway.

"Ebony. As you don't seem to have any prior knowledge of your past, do not forget it." She said harshly before closing her eyes. Kisses nodded nervously. "Kisses" She said awkwardly in response.

Kisses shuffled her hands in her lap as she stared at the paws at her feet before lifting her head up slightly to take hold of the porcelain cup in front. It was heavy in her grasp. She didn't have a lot of strength in her body, surely after being asleep for so long was part of it. She sipped at the herbal tea as Ebony simply observed her with a frown.
The tea set was designed in rose gold tints and flower designs in ombre red and greens.

Kisses let her eyes fidget over to Ebony every once in a while feeling more anxious.Was she meant to be the one talking or was she just meant to sit here while Ebony 'evaluated' her, or whatever she seemed to mean before.

"What?" Ebony snapped, growing irritated by the constant staring problem.
Kisses shivered in response and slumped her shoulders before pursing her lips slightly annoyed by getting snapped at but, it didn't seem that Ebony cared much.

"You said that Mother Nature has not chosen a new uh follower? In a long time..." Kisses softly said her slight confusion.
"I don't really know what that means." She said shyly looking up at her again, her bags slightly falling in front of her face.

Ebony hummed in response. She clicked her fingers on the grass, squashing the grass before it came back up in its process.
"A follower is someone who helps not anger the forest, in the past it was to look for the missing hunt for the heart of it. The forest anger has caused it to stop giving itself as well as a healthy living space. I'm sure you can see there is barely any space to find a healthy living quarters especially if you're a bigger creature."
Ebony hummed to herself for a second, her shoulders slumping back causing a sound of waves crashing beneath her at the movement. Her eyes seemed dusted in a somber thought before looking back at Kisses again in a similar expression of distaste.

"Mother Nature gave up the look for the hunt almost 100 years ago though, or at least it felt like she did. Her followers only had support for each other then but most of them had to choose to separate for their own agency." She said, closing her eyes.
"So when my ladies told me about witnessing a follower taking care of another as if she was the same level as them I wanted to evaluate you, although I guess my opinion doesn't matter much."

Kisses nodded absent mindedly listening to her.
She pursed her lips again thinking before she jumped a bit as Ebony pushed her face closer to her laying her face on the ground to look at her as her locks spread about the ground.
"I don't get why she chose someone as herself though, she's would never in the past" She grumbled to herself.

"Ah- what... do you mean" Kisses said softly, holding her ears again as she pressed herself backwards to close some distance from her and Ebony's nose.

"Mother Nature tends to be the... superstitious type. Usually they only choose albino skin such as itself but, you're a special case. In less there suddenly getting desperate which I don't think they are or they would have done this years ago..."
Ebony trailed off to herself looking down.

"You make me... curious." She said somberly.
Kisses blushed in response looking back down at her paws as she kept her hands cushioned in between her thighs tucking her dress down as she played with the hem.
Ebony reached her hand and used her finger to rub Kisses head. Kisses grunted slightly in response to the weight making ebony chuckle as she considered to pet her.

Ebony's eyes trailed downwards to her back seeing the key to a closer look.
"Why do you have this connected to you?" She asked, narrowing her eyes, her fingers tracing to her back.
"Oh, I don't know what that is... I just woke up with it." Kisses said barely above a whisper but, this time Ebony was able to hear her.

Ebony hummed in response yet again as she drifted her fingers down her back making Kisses feel awkward.
"Can you turn it?" Ebony asked curiously as she lifted her head and body leaning in just a bit more. Kisses shrugged slightly not really knowing as she had a slight hue on her cheeks feeling the contact of Ebony's fingers on the back of her dress.

Ebony touched it feeling the metal of it before skimming the key with her thumb but before she could turn it a gush of stone came suddenly as the once porcelain tea set and table was now hard gray stone making Kisses gasp in shock and Ebony's hand release from her. The ground had a trail of stone leading back towards where the person stood.

Mimi stood in fury as her hands clenched. Her hair of snakes floated above her as their tongues hissed in the air mimicking her anger not matching the excited and pushing caring energy Kisses had much not more than just twelve hours ago. The stone slightly spread around Mimi as if sending a warning to them.
Kisses stared at Mimi and as Mimi looked back at her, she simply sighed out as the snakes fell back in their familiar position and she walked forward to the cliffside.