{Chapter 3}

Kisses tried to keep her eyes clothes as she wrapped her body in the silk sheets.She liked rubbing her ball-jointed knees against the sheets. Kisses grunted slightly before pouting to herself. She couldn't keep herself asleep, her body ached but her mind wouldn't turn itself off and preferably if she had to be awake all night she'd rather stare at the ceiling then the wall but, the winding key connected to her back prevented her from laying down that way.

She sat up now with a sigh. Kisses felt herself tear up a bit, nothing was making her happy and everything made her feel loopy and like she would fall into a pile of mush at any second, she preferred when Mimi was with her, it felt a lot nicer to have someone around when she was scared at least. Now though she had to settle her emotions by herself.

Kisses brought her legs up to hug them, she didn't really understand why she was so upset but all the new feelings just felt overstimulating after not feeling for so long in her slumber.

Kisses felt herself jump as if little senses volted through her body as she heard movement from above her. Like crumbles of grass and movement of mulch in a singular line. Kisses nosed twitched in surprise as she lifted herself up using the wall to support her on the bed. She lifted one of her floppy bunny ears up towards the ceiling to try and get a better sound. For a bit it was louder before the distance of the sound got softer and softer.
Kisses pouted again. If she couldn't sleep before, sleeping now would be impossible.

She hopped out of the bed and walked slowly on the wooden floorboards to be careful not to let it creak too loud in case of waking anyone up by accident, which she didn't want, she'd rather not be a nuisance after only being a guest for a few hours.
She tiptoed down the stairs back to the front entrance door and creaked it open. Turning around for a bit to close the door again she saw a man, what looked to be a butler. He was like the fox ladies with their full animal bodies but he was a cat instead. He turned to be looking right at her but, in a glance you could see he had no eyes so Kisses took a step back and closed the door with what she hoped would only be a soft noise that could be unnoticeable.

She looked at the door for a bit before looking at the forest around her. "Maybe it wasn't a good idea to come alone..." Kisses whispered to herself before already going deeper into the forest. Eventually she heard that similar russell so in a quick freight hid behind a tree. It was the same fox ladies from yesterday. In the same area as before it was across the lake. Kisses moved behind the trees as subtle as she could be, a quick walk around the lake trying to keep up with the foxes. Yet being so slow to try to go around a lake made her quickly lose track as she tried to go deeper into the forest.

Kisses held onto her bunny ears for comfort "Oh.. I should have thought about this more." She whispered to herself as she rubbed her hands over her ears comfortably as she pursed her lips and felt her eyes become warm to match her uneasiness.

A stick breaking brought back her attention as she quickly turned around to be greeted by an albino deer with feathery wings on its back.
"Oh, hello again..." Kisses said nervously as she looked back at the deer, not having to look up or down since they were around the same height.

The deer stepped forward and layed the front of its head onto Kisses chest leaving its weight on her but, keeping just enough to not push her. Kisses rested her hands on the deer's antlers and rubbed them comfortably with both hands.
"Are you looking for something too?" She asked calmly, feeling at peace in the moment. There was a strange feeling of closure in Kisses chest. The deer's eyes were red and wide in a permanent state making the deer have a more mythical vibe to it then it already did.

"Mother Nature?" Kisses said in a hushed tone barely above a whisper but the deer's ears twitched. It was a quiet few moments until the deer stepped backwards making Kisses release her grip on the antlers.

The deer threw its head back suddenly and released a piercing scream, shocking Kisses and making her step backwards before she fell down. Looking up she saw a line of fox ladies moving both behind and in front of her seemingly not paying attention to the doll on the ground. Looking forward she only saw the other single file line of fox women in maiden gowns moving forward.
With a small moment of breathing Kisses stood up from the ground and looked forward to where the women were going.

She scrunched through the women to follow through the side in the forest. The branches of the trees crook like hands leading a passage to what looked like a giant cavern. The top of the cave's stone molded into a person trying to climb out with its hands in a position as if it was meant to be holding something.

Kisses stared in awe of the cavern before her attention diverted to the loud sound of a bell ringing. The fox held a large bell and hit it with a stick so it could be heard. The water started to move upturned as a loud rumble could be heard in the cave. First it was a giant hand that grabbed onto the ground where the ladies were standing unmoving as the rest of the body began to form out. A giant woman came out laying her arms on the ground with a loud thud. The woman had dark skin with long locs that reached over her shoulders decorated with golden accessories and flirtatious siren eyes.

"Did you bring the new chosen follower?" The woman said she had a deep voice with a feminine touch added. Kisses poked her head out of the forest with a curious gaze before gasping as she was picked up behind her by her armpits and carried over in front of the woman.
The giant looked at Kisses as she was set down in front of her with a piercing gaze.
"This is her?"
She said, lifting an eyebrow to the fox lady standing next to her. No response came but the lady hummed satisfactorily, her shoulders relaxing a bit.

"Well aren't you a bit strange. Usually Mother Nature chooses people who look more in its image" The giant hummed again reaching out her hands to rest on either side of Kisses gently and rubbing her sides with her giant thumbs.
Kisses shivered "I'm uh.. What?" Kisses asked in a hushed tone.

The woman pursed her lips in response. "Do you not know Mother Nature has chosen you to follow her guide? Have you not felt closure yet?" She asked, sounding rather irritated now.

"I don't know what that is.." Kisses said shyly, she felt dumb saying that although she knew internally that she was obviously not gonna know.
"Did you wake up yesterday?" She asked rhetorically, only stopping her rubbing when Kisses nodded now with a slight blush.

She didn't say anything in response for a bit before sighing exaggeratedly.
"Being a follower means you help the forest with its current rage, its been a problem since its heart has been taken away and lost somewhere." She explained resting her head on her hand.
"Oh..:" Kisses said quietly as she began to tug on her ears for comfort again.

"Why did you want me here?" Kisses said looking up.

"As the old keeper of the heart I take responsibility for its followers, I need to evaluate you properly" She said with a shrug.
"My friend says I shouldn't trust anyone in the forest though." She answered looking down again feeling a familiar tenseness.

"You're not trusting me I'm just doing it." She says shushing the foxes away with a sway of the hand.