{Chapter 10}

It was a few hours of drifting, Kisses felt light headed a bit. The old feeling of fridgidness from the water melted away from her turning into a more moderate temperature, although if she sunk any further she would feel that same fridgidness on that part of the body.

Kisses chest was laid still on the woman's body which she learned was named Bailey. Her chatter became distant eventually as she tuned her out, feeling relaxed. Sometimes she would perk up hearing Bailey yell at the teens every once in a while when they were fighting too much.

"You don't really prune, do you cutie?" Bailey spoke up in a grin looking down at Kisses. Kisses blinked softly as she tilted her head over, "It's not really skin so I guess I don't" Kisses said as she realized to herself as well.
It was quiet for a moment with the laughter of the kids in the background.

"Lady Ebony said that you're the newest follower right?" Bailey said suddenly, although maybe trying to hide it, Kisses could hear the slight suspicion in her voice. As if she didn't really believe it herself which in a way made Kisses feel slight shame although she didn't really know why.

Kisses nodded in which Bailey smiled brightly with a toothy smile. "Mother Nature must have gotten hope again. So have you already started to look for the heart?" Bailey asked excitedly.

Kisses blinked up at her and embarrassingly shook her head, although people she met have mentioned the idea of the heart and her being granted a follower role now she didn't really know she was actually met to be looking for it, or even how really. How are you even meant to look for an organ?

Bailey's shoulders slumped as she laid her arms behind her head lazily staring off again.
It was quiet again for a bit with that same distant laughter in the distance.

"I'm sorry" Kisses said softly.

"Huh, what for? You didn't do anything?" Bailey responded surprised.

"I don't know…"

It was an honest response. She didn't really know what exactly she was apologizing for but she knew that she upset her in some way which made her feel bad. Looking up she saw the face of Bailey with a similar face of hers. Blushed and embarrassed.

"Ah shit- Hey I'm not upset at you I didn't mean to make you worry." Bailey said flustered now realizing the miscommunication.
"I was just excited, I'm sorry cutie you didn't deserve that." She said as she tilted her head to the side facepalming.

Kisses stared for a bit coming to a more calming sense.
"It's okay" She said softly as her tenses felt free again.

"The heart, I wanna know about it. Or I mean how to find it." Kisses asked suddenly.

Bailey shook her head. "Hey you don't have to if you don't want to, I was just being a jerk."

"I wanna know, I haven't really felt like… I've had a purpose here. I wanna be able to know what I'm meant to do" Kisses said honestly.

Bailey grinned brightly again. Although you could see she wanted to not be pushy this was obviously the thing she wanted out of this.
"It's not much of a goal, Ebony said you knew another follower though right. She'll probably be able to help you more than I can." She paused

"It's believed the heart was hidden somewhere, so finding people and digging holes is probably your best bet. Oo if you find those wolves you keep running away from try to talk to them, if you can find some common ground I'm sure they'll dig some holes for you. But, I guess you can dig some holes too, you are a bunny." Bailey chuckled after her last sentence.

Kisses hummed contently. Maybe she should talk to Ebony again after finding Mimi and telling her she's okay.
She wanted something to give her a goal in life. She didn't want to just be confused on what she was supposed to do with her new awakeness. Even if she had to make her own artificial reason that's okay. All reasons for going forward are artificial in their own way anyways.

Bailey scratched her head, getting her out her thoughts "You're thinking too hard up there cutie. We've been waiting a long time already for followers to find the heart or anyone for that matter, you're not in a rush to crinkly that pretty head of yours." She teased.

Kisses nodded before she felt Bailey begin to slow down a bit. Their positions shifted a bit from the laying on top of eachother like otters they were just doing. Kisses was dropped down a bit back into the water as Bailey now switched to holding her under her shoulders instead of her back.

Kisses gasped feeling the cold water splash onto her again and getting the rest of her dress just as damp as the bottom of the dress. Bailey chuckled holding her before kissing her on top of her head. "Sorry about that cutie, let's get you back onto land, okay?"

Kisses just shivered again not really paying any attention to what she was saying. She held onto Bailey's shoulders. She stared down into herself and closed her eyes to look at the darkness to not concentrate on the overwhelming temperature she was feeling around her body.

The water streamed down under her causing the small drifts in the water at their movements. She was swimmed over to where the closest land was. Bailey pushed at the top of her head in order to get Kisses out her shoulder in where Kisses peaked her head up to see the grassy landscape, this area was covered in flowers and weeds including small dandelions losing their pricks in the wind.

Kisses stared off for a bit as Bailey brought her over to the landside and got Kisses up to her feet. Kisses took a few wobbly steps before seeming to be just fine.
"Good to know you're walking just fine there." Bailey said with a wide smile.

Kisses nodded. "Um… Thank you for helping me" Kisses said awkwardly looking back at Bailey and the teens who still weren't paying attention in the background.

Bailey just chuckled. "Of course. Ebony's entrance is to the left so just go in the line and find one of her followers and they should help you back home." Bailey said while using her hands to point the direction she was talking about to emphasize her point.

Kisses nodded as she looked in the direction she was talking about and muttered a small 'thank you.'

Kisses looked back at her again "Bye bye." She said simply to Bailey with a wave who waved back as Kisses went back into the forest feeling the grass beneath her paws.

Bailey smiled before seeing her leave and sighed dully as she loomed back into the water.