{Chapter 12}

Kisses was hugged tightly by Mimi making her grunt out as she tried to pull away from her.

"Kisses! Where were you?" Mimi said in a worried but irritated tone as she let go to hold onto Kisses shoulders and stared intensely into her eyes.

Kisses looked away awkwardly not liking the tone of Mimi's voice.
"I uh… went out to see Ebony." Kisses said, still avoiding her sight with a slight purse of her lips.

Mimi grunted "Her? What does she have that's so important that I can't give you?"

At this point Kisses was able to take a few steps back to put some distance from them.
"She's my friend?" Kisses said, she sounded a bit unsure although she didn't know why that was.
Mimi turned her head away and tapped at her foot almost impatiently as she seemed to be deep in thought.

"Why were you there for so long though, it was three days? And Sebastian said he just found you in the forest wandering around."

Kisses looked over to Sebastian who seemed to look apologetic and slightly sweaty.
"I passed out-"

"You passed out!?" Mimi yelled out, cutting her off, making Kisses take a step back.
Mimi straightened up as she let out a breath calming herself down, the ground below her was slightly turned into stone now, Kisses was sure the fox maids and Sebastian aren't going to have a good time cleaning that.

"I'm sorry… I shouldn't have yelled. You're a grown woman and can make her own decisions." Mimi sighed, sounding apologetic about letting her anger get the best of her again.
Kisses just nodded feeling the tension grow as she began to pet at her ears.

"It's just that, can you please bring me with you when you go out? I know you haven't been having a good time indoors all the time." She paused, "I just don't want you to get hurt, Dear."
She whispered it softly as if just a murmur.

"Would you prefer I take Kisses out when I do my berry picking?" Sebastian suggested. Mimi gave him a look as she frowned.

"How about you just tell me when you want to go visit Ebony again in the future Dear? I don't trust that girl to not end up losing you" Mimi said bluntly, ignoring Sebastian who seemed defeated.

Kisses looked back up her tugging at the hem of her dress. "You want to see Ebony too?" Kisses asked curiously.

Mimi played with the snakes in her hair as she grew somber for a minute. "Not really, she doesn't know me but I know her. Can't say I'm fond."

Sebastian spoke up, "You know she was the keeper of the heart right my Lady? Lady Ebony had the heart stolen from her, most don't trust her after she lost it." He explained.

"Oh" Kisses said in response. That was a little more obvious than she thought it would have been.
"She can't take off what's her job, I don't expect her to take care of Kisses in my place." Mimi spat in a huff.

Sebastian patted her shoulder, calming her down.
"How about some food? Are you hungry Kisses?" He asked.

"A little" Kisses said although she really wasn't. She wouldn't mind eating though.

Mimi picked her up into her arms suddenly, surprising Kisses.
"Are you tired dear? You're all dirty, and more quiet than you usually are" Mimi said that familiar concern from her coming out but this time seeming more gentle.
Kisses shrugged before having a timid nod.
"I'm always tired." She said neutrally.

"Poor thing aren't you? I'll take care of it, don't worry" She said nuzzling Kisses neck.

Kisses just tilted her head to the pressure as she looked over to Sebastian who seemed to be in an awkward position.
"I'll go start dinner now." He said before hastily leaving the room.

Mimi watched him leave as she rested her head on Kisses chest for a moment before leaving the room to go to the bathroom. She went into her room before putting Kisses down on the ground.
"You go take a bath while I go help Sebastian in the kitchen and then you can meet me there." Mimi said softly before she left.

Kisses were left alone. She once again stared at Mimi's lacey room that was mostly overtaken by the bed and the stone covered by rugs.

She walked into the bathroom and once again took off her clothes to see her ball-joints. Setting up the bath she could smell of Mimi rose scented shampoo. Kisses probably need a bath after all this, she took one when she came here and that's it, and then she was outside in river water all that time too. She probably smelled even if no one mentioned it to her, they were probably just too distracted or trying to stay polite.

It was around twenty minutes before she came out of the bath and dried herself off with one of Mimi's fluffy towels.

Her clothes were already placed on top of the bed as she entered. It was a white nightgown. Actually has she actually even worn something for the night till now? She changed out of her clothes every morning. Her mind had a hazy feel to it a lot, the world just moved when she was on it.

The kitchen had a berry smell to it. A warmness over took her skin as she entered the room. The two were eating something else it seemed but Kisses didn't really care too much to look at what they were eating.

"Oh Kisses, are you done now?" She asked but obviously she already knew the answer.
She brushed Kisses head and scooched her chair in. Mimi seemed calmer now, less frustrated and gentle.

Kisses looked at the bowl of berries she was supposed to be eating. Her mind zoned out, maybe it was the sudden feeling of being inside again. The fatigue got to her quickly again.

"You okay Dear." Mimi asked suddenly as she saw Kisses lost in her thoughts. Kisses perked her head up at her voice. Sebastian was still working on something in the kitchen and the clack of pans was heard.
"I want to find the heart." She said bluntly as she stared into Mimi.