{Chapter 2}

Kisses pressed her hands tensely against the roots before hearing the sudden growls again of the wolves from before. She slowly backed upon feeling fear again but, too tired from the previous chase to get her knobby knees to start running again.
She felt herself press into the front of something before the grip of the presence behind her tightened her grip around Kisses waist and held her mouth shut with her extra hand.

Kisses gasped in the hand trying to struggle out making the growls grow louder as they scratched the roots.
"Shush you." The taller woman said leaning into her shoulder whispering into her bunny ear with a stern command.
"They can smell your fear, if you calm down they'll lose sight of you, those mutts can't take down that barrier set up for you if they tried."

Kisses stilled, trying to keep her nerves in check as she started to lay down on her breathing. The growling soon stopped. There was a rustling before one of the wolves whimpered. The wolves' paws patted onto the ground until they moved on the dirt until you couldn't hear them anymore. The other woman removed her hand and stepped back.
The woman kneeled on her knees a bit, placing her hands on her knees to get both their faces to the same level.
"Those mutts are gone now are you okay?"

The woman was albino like the deer from before. She had ruby red eyes and her head was adorned with a bunch of also white snakes that moved around looking where she did studying her teeth matching her long pointy teeth as well. She wore a long yellow dress with fringe at the bottom decorated with fringe and flower designs.

Kisses nodded her head subtly. "Mhm.." She said quietly avoiding her gaze. "Um, who are you?" She said looking up at the snake woman.

She clasped her hands together with a bright smile making Kisses have a mute shriek of surprise. "I am the follower of the Mother Nature." She said pressing her fingers to her chest with her other hand's palm facing the air in the sky as if she was performing.
"Mother Nature has chosen you, I witnessed. As one she also chose it must be my job to help protect you as obviously you can't yourself." She said as if it were obvious.
Kisses just stared for a bit before nodding slightly. Maybe she was talking about the deer from earlier, Mother Nature.

"W-where are we?" Kisses said now paying attention more to their surroundings. The area was filled with dark green grass and there was a broken fountain that still gushed muddy water in front of them. The tree bended in a dome like way above them as if this place might have held some old importance.
The snake woman pinched her cheeks making Kisses whine.
"Awh, aren't you just a cutie, you must have hit your head and got amnesia while you ran." She said with a weird amount of confidence.

Kisses grumbled as the lady played with her face.
"My name is Mimi. Can you walk?" She asked, patting her waist.

Kisses shrugged. "Kisses," she said calmly.
It's not that she couldn't walk, but she felt like her legs would give out at any time. She didn't really feel like explaining that though, she quickly realized in this small conversation she didn't like speaking much, she could feel her voice come up through the cords in her throat and it wasn't very comfortable.
"I'll pick you up then!" Mimi said enthusiastically.

Mimi scooped her up making sure to place her hands accordingly to not make her uncomfortable but to avoid touching the winding key on her back. Kisses wrapped her hands around Mimi's neck as she felt the slight bounce of the walking.
"You'll be safe with me okay? I'm the only sane thing in the forest along with the other followers, no one can do a better job at being able to keep a comfortable life for you than I can." Mimi hummed proud.

"Let's get to the river first, the dress you wear is so tattered, I'll sew it up for you."

Kisses just nodded to whatever Mimi was saying, her snakes kept snuggling against her face. She felt tired, the forest started to mud into a bunch of colors before the colors went from the dark browns of the branches that always made her uncomfortable, made her feel like the bark was watching her as it moved its fingers freely. Kisses gasped softly as Mimi placed her down onto the dirt below her. With her paws slightly emerged into the lake water which calmed her nerves a bit that she's been feeling since she woke up. Mimi sat behind her and held her dress up a bit to lay the fabric into her lap.
She took out a small sewing kit that she held in one the massive pockets of her dress.

Mimi hummed softly as she sewed the tatters on Kisses light pink dress. Kisses felt herself dozing off again as she laid herself back into her a bit relaxing her tenses.
Kisses eyesight diverted to the side of the lake. Her eyes widened a bit at the sight of seeing multiple fox women dressed in maiden gowns that looked slightly designed to look like strawberries. Full fox, the heads were bright orange fox heads with long snouts that all look like twins to each other with a star symbol on their heads.

Kisses looked up Mimi bending her neck. "Who are they?" She asked curiously pointing at the bunches of fox maidens in a line moving forward.
Mimi looked over with a shrug. "Nothing for you to worry about. Just other followers of The Keeper of the Heart, followers of a follower."
Kisses didn't really get that but she could understand the basic idea. As long as they wouldn't hunt her down like the wolves did she could relax.
"Don't start trusting anyone in the forest but me okay? No one is selfless enough to protect you like I will" She said sternly.

Kisses sat with a clouded mind before Mimi got up asking if she was ready to go. When Kisses nodded she was picked up again against her with a gentle handling. Kisses didn't bother wrapping her arms around Mimi this time as now she was getting too tired to move. She felt the ground move beneath her as she yawned, hearing Mimi's small chuckle of amusement coming from her mouth as a response.

"I can wash your clothes tomorrow if you'd like instead of tonight you seem pretty tired." Mimi commented with a chuckle not expecting a response. Kisses just nodded absent mindedly as they began to slow down. Mimi moved her body up into one of her arms, moving the arm under her thighs to carry her with one as she began to take out her keys. The keys looked like a bunch of different woods modeling a key almost cartoonishly.

"It's bigger on the inside" Mimi stated calmly messing with the lock trying to remember which one was the right one.
It was a small cottage ingrained into a mountain side with no windows, it made Kisses wary not being able to see the inside, almost intimidating considering how the building almost looked rotted especially how it was night now.
The door opened and they came inside to the beauty of a house. The inside felt a little rustic but polished and comfy.

Kisses couldn't pay much attention to her slight adoration as Mimi took her up the stairs. They entered into a bedroom before standing near the side of a bed before Mimi placed her down gently as if she was a fragile item, and maybe being made of clay she kinda was.
"You can sleep here tonight, hope it's your liking." Mimi said with a chuckle as she pinched her cheeks again making Kisses pout.

When Mimi left she wrapped her body in the warm comforter and felt herself begin to drift off again.