Dan and Drew Halloween (platonic)

Requested by Cakeexxpop

Drew ran along slightly ahead of Dan, the tail of his werewolf costume trailing behind him as he did. Dan chuckles, having to take his fake vampire teeth out earlier so he could speak. They were Trick or Treating with each other. He loved his best friend (in a platonic way) and found this adorable. He was glad Drew could still act like this despite being 17 now.

Just then, Drew paused and looked up a hill. There was a house up on the hill, creepy looking but Drew seemed curious. He looked over at Dan with puppy dog eyes. 'Fitting' Dan thought. "You want to check that house out, Drew?" Drew nodded happily and smiled. The duo went up to the house and Dan knocked. The door just creaked open creepily and the boys looked at each other.

Drew looked inside, then at Dan before he took his notebook out and wrote, "can we go inside?" Dan hesitated, but then nodded, "just stay by my side little buddy..." Drew nods now and grabs Dan's empty hand before they walk inside. "Woah .... it feels so creepy in here" Drew nodded in agreement and squeezed Dan's hand, clearly a bit scared but still curious.

"Are you sure you, uh, want to continue, Drew?" Drew nodded as a response and they went further in, looking around the house. Drew practically clung to Dan's arm while they walked around but was getting more comfortable. He even eventually left Dan's side. At one point Drew walked away from Dan, leaving the room he was in for another.

"Hm, this old paintings- Drew? Oh no.... D-Drew?! No no no!! Little buddy?? Where are you?!" Drew had walked into the kitchen and looks around. He wasn't expecting a single thing to go wrong. After all, this was just an old worn down house after all. He smiles at an old picture in there. Suddenly a knife came flying by his head and stuck to the cabinet door. (I know that's corny 😔) It caused Drew to let out a panicked scream and Dan came rushing over.

Drew immediately darted into Dan's arms as a plastic jar flew off the table in there and clattered to the ground. Dan pulled him out of there and held him close as they went down the hallway. "Jesus fuck.....what was that- OH CRAP!" Dan pulled Drew down as something big went flying over their heads. They even heard something shout unintelligibly nearby.

All of this caused Drew to whimper and whine in fear and Dan could hear him mumble in panic about wanting to leave. Dan immediately almost picks him up and takes him out of the house as quick as he could.

Once they were out and on the grass, Drew huddled against Dan, clinging to his vampire cloak while taking deep breaths because of the fear. In a whispery voice, Drew said that that was thw worst idea he ever had. Drew only ever used his voice around Dan, Gabby, Fiore and his family so far. Mostly Dan and his family. Dan patted Drew on his back and whispers to him until he could calm down.

Drew smiles at him, then asks if they could go back to the hotel. "Hah, of course little buddy, that was enough excitement for today." Drew beamed and they walked off.  As they walked, Drew put his notebook in his pocket, then grabbed Dan's hand so he wouldn't lose him again.

He never wanted anything scary to happen again and he felt very safe with Dan, so, it was hand holding time for him and his best friend.

Then they could eat candy together at the hotel and then platonically cuddle til they sleep :)