The Question

*ONE YEAR LATER*
————————————————————

We walked along the beach, our hands interlocked with bright smiles plastered across our lips. The soft sand falling in between our toes with every step and the occasional wave washing over our feet, it felt like heaven.

"Where are you taking me?" He had taken me out to the beach claiming he had something to show me but refused to tell me what it was.

"You'll see," he gave me a bright smile but it dropped slightly when his eyes left mine, creating a gentle pit in my stomach.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, our interlocked fingers moving to the side of my neck.

"Close your eyes," he whispered as he moved his face closer to my ear, his breath making contact with my skin sent a warm wave through me.

I groaned, reluctantly doing as he told me and allowing my eyelids to close. He grabbed both of my hands, leading me very horribly to the unknown location.

"I don't trust that I won't fall over right now," with that he grabbed me tighter, this time by placing his hands on my waist.

Once we stopped moving, he refused to let me open my eyes until I was in the correct position. My mind was racing as I thought about the most likely possibilities as to why he was acting so weird.

"Right, you can open your eyes now," his voice was fainter than when he was stood next to me, making me slightly confused but the second my eyes shot open, my confusion disappeared.

My mouth dropped as I felt tears of happiness clouding my blue irises. I looked at the rows of flowers that were separated by a white sheet. All of it leading to a heart or flowers with a sign in the middle that read "will you marry me" but the sight that caught my eye the most was Charles crouched down across from me, on one leg and a ring box in his hands.

I walked towards him slowly, by hand over my mouth worried that I was going to break down into joyful sobs there and then.

"Mila, seeing everything like this, now. It makes me think back to when we were kids. I remember a conversation I had with Jules, I had complained about the fact that you weren't spending time with me as much anymore and he said "give it time, you'll have your chance to be the one in her heart," I didn't think much of it back then but looking at you now, I realise that you were always the one for me. Anika Verstappen, will you marry me?" He had a bright smile across his face and the faint glistening of tears welling up in his eyes.

I grabbed his hand, pulling him back up to my eye level, with a bright smile on my face, I said the one word that I had dreamed of saying to him since forever, "yes, one thousand times, yes," he got the ring out of the box and placed it on my finger as carefully as he could.

A cheering erupted from the side of us catching my attention, I looked to see both mine and his family smiling and cheering for us. Max had an expression on his face that I had never seen before, one of happiness and hopefulness for me.

Charles wrapped his arms around me, lifting me up and spinning around. I let out a slight squeal before slamming his lips onto mine. I love him with all my heart and I would never imagine my life with anyone else.
___________________________

Anika.Verstappen09

Verstappen09

⚫️⚪️

⚪️⚫️————————————————————

⚪️⚫️
————————————————————

Liked by maxverstappen1 and 1,356,379 others
Anika.Verstappen09 Yes, 1000 times, yes. I love you with all my heart Charlie, you are my home and I don't know what I'd do without you there by my side. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you ❤️❤️❤️
View all 879,258 comments