Monaco

It had finally come, the one race I have been looking forward to since the season started. I have only raced in Monaco once before and I did quite well. Arthur on the other hand crashed into the wall in qualifying making him start at the back of the grid.

It had been just over a month since Australia and me and Charles were getting along better than we ever had since our break up. We talk almost everyday, and if not we always text each other, I didn't realise until I had him back in my life how much I missed him.

We still hadn't spoken about the nightmares he seems to always try and avoid any topic that involves sleeping and his emotions. I hated not being able to talk about what is clearly bothering him, I had always been there to listen to anything that effected his thoughts but then suddenly he didn't and I couldn't have expected for everything to go back to normal in just a few months.

Me, Max, Arthur, Charles and Lando were all hanging out in my Apartment playing Fifa, Me and Max vs the other three boys. We had played 2 games prior and we had won both of them.

"I think we need to change up the teams to make it easier for them," Max teased laughing at the horrible job thay were doing.

"We aren't doing that bad," Arthur shouted jokingly, clearly offended.

"Let's be honest though, you and Charles aren't the best at football in real life, you wouldn't expect anything different from a game."

"I'm great at football, what are you talking about?" Charles said, sounding way too serious.

"Umm let me remind you of the time you fell on your face, and ended up kicking Pierre's foot instead of the ball," he had to accept the facts.

"I'm on Nika's side, like you have to admit, you are pretty shit," Lando admitted, finally someone was agreeing with me.

I pointed my hand in Lando's direction, followed by a nod of my head to show my agreement.

"I'm getting ganged up on," Charles squeeled defenselessly.

I could hear Max and Arthur laughing at the other side of the room, whispering into each others ear like teenagers.

I rolled my eyes in their direction, it only being noticed by Charles, before Looking back to the other two.

"I'm going to go get a pizza," I told them, standing up and grabbing my phone.

"I'll come with you," Charles yelled, rushing after me to stop me from leaving without his presence.

I nod my head, holding the door open for him. I didn't say a word to him before turning away to the elevator.
When we reached the doors, I headed in the direction of the exit of the driveway only to be stopped by Charles grabbing my hand, leading me to his well known Ferrari.

Charles took down the roof leaving us in direct contact with the sunlight, Although comforting also irritating.

"Can I ask you a random question?" He asked keeping his gaze locked on the road.

"Sure," I didn't have anything to hide from him.

"What's going on with you and that Logan guy?"

"Nothing is going on with us, why?" I was curious to know what made him ask that question.

"No reason... did I tell you that me and Amanda broke up," he admitted, his face turning a pale shade of pink.

"No, I don't think you did. Are you ok?" I didn't want him to be hurting, he didn't deserve it.

"I'm fine, it just didn't work out," he laughed gently.

~

We spent the rest of the car journey joking around like we always do before picking up the two pizzas and heading back to the others.

"Are you excited for the race?" I asked him as we pulled up outside my apartment.

"I really am, I hope we can get a good result, the car has been good this year so far so hopefully," he always seems so passionate when talking about where he grew up.

"You deserve to win more than anyone on the grid," I smiled at him, my voice strangely quiet.

~

The day came to an end with me and Arthur sat on the sofa, watching some weird French movie that neither of us understood the plot line to.

"Do you still love him?" Arthur asked, a glimpse of hope within his green eyes.

"Who?" I knew who he meant but I really wanted to avoid the question.

"Harry styles... Who do you think?" He shouted sarcastically.

"I don't appreciate your sarcasm," I held his gaze, a serious look on my face.

"Can you just answer instead of trying to avoid the question?"

I let out a gentle sigh before I turned away from him, if I was going to tell him, I was definitely not going to look at him in the eyes.

"I honestly don't know Arthur. I feel more comfortable with him than anyone else..." he gave me an offended look, "Other than you that is but what I do know is that we can't just go back to the way it was before."

"You know that he hasn't been the same since that day. He's been so distant lately," he admits a hint of worry in his voice.

"I'm worried about him," I wasn't originally going to bring it up but I could tell that Arthur cares and loves his brother and wouldn't be happy if I kept it to myself.

"I think something is going on with him."

"I really want him to talk to me about it but we both know that he doesn't like sharing his thoughts," I finally looked back at him, a sad and concerned expression spread across his face.

My body filled with hope, that maybe Charles will eventually open up to the both of us, allowing us to assist him with the struggles within his thoughts.