Visit

I sat in front of the tv in Charles' bedroom after he insisted that I rest while he did house work. He has appeared occasionally to check up on how I'm doing before going to do another task.

There was a knock at the door followed by faint murmuring before Charles came into the room.

"Max and Arthur are here," he stated holding out his hand for me to take as he made his way over to me.

"Alright, I'm coming," I took his hand allowing me to help me off the bed, I felt alright but moving quickly from one position to another made me slightly dizzy.

When I was fully stood up he wrapped his arm around my waist to help me walt to the living room, as he did so he placed a kiss on the side of my head as a away of showing his care.

I looked towards him, studying his face. The sides of his cheeks were recently shaved and his hair recently cut, the shine in his eyes had returned and were vibrant and advertised to the world to show his happiness.

His dimples sat in his cheeks as he noticed me staring, the sides of his mouth rising into a smirk. He knew what he was doing, the was well aware of my adoration of the dimples that appear in his cheeks  when he smiles.

"I love you, Anika Mila Verstappen," he chuckled slightly as he spoke the words, very clearly not being able to be serious with me observing him.

"I love you, Charles Marc Herve Percival Leclerc. Oh my God you have a long name and before you say it, I know that it is nothing compared to Carlos'.

He let out a loud laugh, It was music to my ears. He loosened his grip on me as we approached the two boys, he lead me to the sofa across from them and sat right beside me.

"How are you Nika?" Max asked, his tone was so casual it sent a shiver down my spine.

I hated how natural it had become for everyone to ask how I am or if I'm feeling well or if I need help with something.

"I'm good, better than I have been in a while," I answered while keeping direct eye contact with my brother to show my seriousness.

Charles placed his hand on my thigh as a way of comforting me as he noticed a slight change in my expression.

"How's staying with my brother? Does he still hog the TV?" Arthur asked laughing.

Charles didn't seem to find him the slightest bit amusing, he crossed his arms and furrowed his eyebrows.

"No, he's actually been quite an amazing roommate," I grinned at the monegasque sat beside me.

His expression shifted into a a grin after I spoke, he placed his hand on my arm allowing it to trace along my skin. I could feel the heat of his hand on me as it contrasted the coldness I felt.

Even though I felt fine I still needed to recover from certain symptoms caused by the concussion, them being the dizziness and the exhaustion. The doctor had told me that if I wasn't fully healed I wouldn't be able to race for a few more weeks.

I couldn't afford to miss a single race. This was my chance to prove myself to everyone, to show that I'm not just Max Verstappen's younger sister but instead a good racing driver who has made a name for herself.

"You okay?" The  monegasque whispered in my ear, making sure that no one heard other than me.

Max and Arthur were complaining about who is better at FIFA, neither of them paying attention to us.

Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking," I gave him a smile I looked deeply into his ivy green eyes seeing large amounts of worry.

"Do you promise?"

"I promise," I placed my hand on his thigh to calm him down and to prevent any more worry.

He joined Arthur's and Max' conversion, they were talking about what I assumed to be paddle but I zoned out while watching the tv that Charles had previously been watching before either of the two boys arrived, I had my check up in three days and I hoped that I would get cleared to race otherwise I didn't know what I was going to do.