I told you so

I was nervous, painfully nervous. I sat in my hotel room, waiting for my phone to alert me to Charles' text. Arthur continued to have a smug smile on his face that fully said, "I told you so." I had told him about my plans to potentially do something with Charles that following evening and since then he hadn't removed the grin from his mouth.

Originally I hadn't planned on going out, it wasn't not often I did something on the evening before a race but I would have been lying if I had said that I didn't want to spend time with Charles.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The second the notification rang through the air along with the sight of me typing, Arthur's attention was soon drawn away from the tv and instead to me.

"What did he say?" He didn't need to ask for confirmation whether or not it was his brother because the smile that grew on my face from his message answered any questions he had.

"That he will be here in five minutes," I answered, refusing to meet the brunette's eyes for the sake of his largely growing ego. He thinks that us finally spending time together was all his doing.

I was completely ready, I just needed to get changed, apparently, Arthur has picked out an outfit for this "special occasion".

It included a White sweater, a short skirt and some trainers.

Personally, I think that Arthur had the complete ability to become a stylist so at least he had a back up job

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Personally, I think that Arthur had the complete ability to become a stylist so at least he had a back up job.

"I think it looks great," He held his chin up high, a proud grin sitting on formed on his mouth.

"Not to abruptly change the subject by I am just warning you that there is a possibility that it doesn't go according to plan," I wasn't too happy with the possibility myself but there wasn't a 100% chance that me and Charles could hang out for a long time by ourselves without arguing.

"Well at least you'll know that you tried," I nodded my head slowly just as a text message notification rang through the air along with a knock at the door.

"I guess that's my cue," I muttered walking to the door.

"If your not back before midnight, your grounded," he yelled after me, his laughter caught in his words.

I rolled my eyes, closing the door after me.

When me and Charles dated it was like one of them fairytale romances, the ones you dream about as a kid. His caring nature, and his constant need to make sure I was comfortable and happy. Like the ones you read about in books and I was lucky enough to have the reality of it.

He stood leaning back against the wall of the hallway, his hair was brushed and clearly had a large amount of gel within it. He was wearing a white button down shirt, a few buttons undone at the top revealing a necklace which sat on his chest along with some jeans and clean white trainers.

His eyes had a familiar glow to them as he met my gaze, he pushed off the wall the second he saw me.

"Hey."

"Hey, back," I couldn't help but have a smile on my face, whenever I was within his company, "Are you going to tell me what we are doing?"

I got no response, he only winked before making his way to the exit.

He held the door to the hotel, gesturing for me to walk through with his hands.

"Thank you," I muttered, walking past him.

We made our way to his Ferrari, the chrome red paint standing out from the other cars.

For the first few minutes of driving, we didn't say anything. I had decided to change his contact name because 'He WhoShallNotBeNamed' wasn't exactly something I would've called him.

"Did Arthur start saying that us hanging out is all thanks to him?" I didn't need to ask how he knew, Arthur was probably telling him everything he told me.

"Yep. This was also his doing, by the way," I gestured to my outfit.

"Ahh, he did a good job but even if you were wearing some joggers and a t-shirt, you'd still look beautiful," I could feel my cheeks flush red at his statement.

"You look good too," I sighed, "All the time, It's slightly irritating."

He flashed a smile in my direction, one of them comforting smiles that could calm your nerves in any situation.

"How many times have I told you that I love your dimples," I giggled looking at the pure concentration in his eyes, but yet still was able to see the happiness shining through.

"A lot of times," He answered, the corners of his mouth rising even more.

Arthur would cry of happiness if he saw us right then and there, instead he was on call with Julia. I didn't care at that point what either of them said, they both liked each other and couldn't possibly deny it.

~

We spent the rest of the car journey catching up on lost time, mainly talking about the places we'd been in the two years of not talking to one another.

When I was younger, I always wanted to travel the world and when me and Charles first got together, we were determined to go to as many different countries as possible to explore and experience the different cultures.

He parked the car near a desolate field that was surrounded by trees, the evening sun shone down through the branches creating a golden hue on the patch of grass.

He grabbed a basket from the back of the car before laying down a blanket in the centre of the field.

I shook my head in disbelief as I made my way to him, I couldn't stop my mouth from curving into a smile.

He had a grin plastered on his face that clearly showed how proud he was of himself. The second I sat down he began unboxing the food; he had brought some sandwiches, strawberries and cherries, along with a mixture of sweets and drinks.

I knew that it was going to be a long and exciting evening.

Red past | Charles Leclercजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें