The best start to the season

The race ended up having a very unpleasant results with me at P16 and Arthur just behind, the car still felt off just like the day before.

The F2 race began a few hour before the F1 race providing me with the perfect time to talk to Charles.

Arthur said that he wanted Charles' head to be clear so that he could get a good result during the race meaning I had to convince him not to think about Arthur's crash.

Apparently Amanda had to go to Japan for work so she wouldn't be able to watch the race, that's one obstacle removed.

Hesitantly, I put my phone in my pocket and began walking to the one place I never thought I'd find myself. In two years I have never been in a room alone with Charles and yet here I am, doing it voluntarily.

When the door was in my sights, I stopped. Dead on the spot. Just 10 feet away from the one place that could lead to my worst nightmare or the one thing I've dreamed about for months, actually having the ability to have a civil conversation with him.

I gently knocked on the door suddenly realising that it was a bad idea, only to be met face to face with someone I knew all to well.

We sat on the grey sofa that seemed to be one of the few pieces of furniture in the room, with only a few inches between us I could feel my brain telling me about how bad an idea it was. Too late now.

"Arthur asked me to talk to you," I just wanted him to be aware of the reason we were in that situation.

He nodded taking his bracelet of his wrist and playing with it between his fingers.

"Figured," he whispered keeping his gaze on the bracelet.

"Majority of the races this season for F1 and 2 are on the same circuit and I really don't want to be spending my weekends avoiding you," I admitted watching the bracelet twirl around his fingers.

"I don't want to either, and I'm sorry about what happened in the club, I was just angry and I took my anger out on you. You didn't deserve that."

"It's OK," I smiled slightly, remembering the reason I was there in the first place.

"Are you ok? I know it was stressful yesterday and I just wanted to make sure you weren't worried or anything because he is fine and safe," I whispered, causing his gaze to shift to me.

He let out a sigh before placing his bracelet back on his wrist, followed by him adjusting himself into a more comfortable position.

"I mean it was scary... it always is when he crashes," he let out a ragged breath looking down at the floor.

"I mean, even when you crash it freaks me out the same with Pierre. I just hate the feeling of being helpless and not knowing what's going on and if any of you will make it out."

I get it, I do. I've been friends with Charles for as long as I can remember and it's unfair with what has happened in his life but he knows that I will always be here to talk to him, the same with Arthur and pierre.

"Hey," I mumbled causing him to look at me.

"We'll always be here to talk if you ever need," he gave me a small smile that seemed so pure and gentil, "Now, you go out there and you do the best you can," I laughed pointing at the door.

He got up and rubbed his race suit before heading to the door.

"Hey, Mila?" He whispered meeting my eyes, "Thank you."

With that, he was gone leaving me in the isolated room alone. Talking to him seemed to be the best thing to do, the one thing we both needed.

When I left the room leaving me in the Ferrari garage, Arthur smiled at me, proud of my strange accomplishment of finally talking to his brother.

Me and my two best friends watched the race from the Ferrari garage, everyone cheering as Charles pushed away from Max's attempts at taking the lead from him. I supported Max within my mind trying mot to cause to much chaos.

"Come on Charles you can do it," Arthur chanted into his hands, intensely concentrating on the screen.

Max had a problem with his car and on lap 54 he was forced to retire his car, my heart dropped for him. He deserved to do well but I couldn't bring my eyes to leave the screen, watching Charles be so close to taking the win just brought back some of the best memories I have.

 He deserved to do well but I couldn't bring my eyes to leave the screen, watching Charles be so close to taking the win just brought back some of the best memories I have

I left him a message before turning back to the red car sharply passing corners, my heart racing just as fast as his car. The engines of the cars reving past the paddocks with every lap they each successfully complete.

On the last lap, he held his distance from Carlos with Lewis a slight bit behind, corner after corner taking them with speed intricately skimming the edges of the track pushed him further ahead of both his team mate and the Mercedes driver.

Charles Leclerc wins the Bahrain Grand Prix, and it is a 1, 2 finish for Ferrari.

The garage cheered like never before, smiles spreading across our faces. The three of us wrapped each other into a hug, laughing and cheering, us all jumping with our arms interlocked with each other.

I was so proud of him, he worked hard for this and he deserved it.

We stood at the bottom of the podium watching him smile at the crowd beneath him, the dimples showing in his cheeks, the obvious happiness in his eyes glowed.

He met our gaze and smiled even wider at us.

"Well done," Arthur chuckled into my ear while clapping louder than anyone around us.

"For what?"

"You talked to him.... and it clearly worked," he smiled, diverting his eyes from his brother while he spoke.

Max stood beside me, a proud smile on his face watching his friends spray each other with the celebratory champagne before turning to the crowd.

Charles aimed his at us, We all screamed at the sudden cold liquid that showered onto us. The best way to start the season, everyone happy and together. I wish those moments could last forever, never having to leave the excitement on the track but instead carry it all over with us.