Chapter - 20

As long as memory serves I've never had a more peaceful slumber than I had today

As long as memory serves I've never had a more peaceful slumber than I had today. The presence of this lady beside me spreads tranquility around my-our room.

It appears that all along I was scattered around. Dwelling in a house whose walls composed a mere solitary sanctuary.

But from the moment her steps marked our sanctuary's floor, I've realized how wrong I was labeling vulnerability as peace. She transformed my house as home rather she is my home.

The warm sun rays embracing her features, the delicate movements of her breaths and the small smile that tugs on her lips convincing me that she slept peacefully.

I brush a strand from her face to avoid interrupting her rest.

Before I can exit the room to proceed with my daily routine her sweet voice breaks in "where are you going this early?"

I peer at her rubbing her eyes and yawning "good morning mia anima" I lean against the door frame "I'm going for jogging"

"On your first day after wedding" her eyes widens up "I'll join you"

Now this is my time to get a shock

"It's alright you can sleep mia anima"

She glares at me profoundly telling that she'll rule me now and I'll let her do that

"Mia anima you do know that you require a sports wear to go for jogging" I biteback a smile on her lazy reaction "yes I do hence I'm wearing yours"

My efforts to resist a smile betrays me "already taking over my things Tanzeela" I affirm with a grin "couldn't I?" Her simple question followed by the glimmer in her doe eyes is enough to kick off my heart on a race And I can't do anything about it.

"Everything is yours and only yours mia anima"

As Tanzeela changes into my attire, I find myself captivated by her grace and how effortlessly she carries herself even in my clothes. When she steps out, wearing my shirt and shorts, a rush of emotions floods over me.

"I didn't imagine my employee would look this good in my dress," I quip, trying to mask my surprise with humor.

Her playful retort brings a smile to my lips. "Well, my grumpy CEO, because you never got an employee like me," she says with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Her words tug at something deep within me, a feeling of warmth and connection that I never thought possible. "Of course, mia anima," I reply, unable to contain my laughter.

As we set out for our jog together, I can't help but marvel at how she's managed to turn even the simplest moments into something special.

I manage to shorten my daily estimated distance keeping in mind that it maybe harsh for her.

Our steps slowly moving in unison, the cold breeze cascades her hair that flutters my heart for no reason.

Just after a few minutes of jogging my wife pauses to catch her breath "Salar I don't know how do you manage to run such miles" with heavy breathes she utters "mia anima you need practice and stamina for that"