Chapter - 9

After living a day worth writing, returning to the rhythm of normal life feels like walking out of a dream, carrying the magic within

After living a day worth writing, returning to the rhythm of normal life feels like walking out of a dream, carrying the magic within. I'm still looking for my magic, where is my magic of yesterday?

I can't figure it out what happened to Salar Sir but he's pretending like yesterday never happened. We entered the office at the same time along with using the elevator but he didn't bother glancing at me or even replying to my Thankyou. Like someone said you shouldn't be stuck reading chapter 1 not knowing what chapter 2 is about.

"Tanzeela, your designs are extremely impressive" Alizey affirms praising my designs "thanks wouldn't have been possible without y'all's support"
I look back at my computer to compose my drafts "let's hang out sometime, what do you guys suggest" Noor exclaims diverting all of our attention "I'm ou-" Ayesha sir's assistant cuts me off "Tanzeela Sir's demanding your presence in his office" everyone commence staring at me precisely wishing me Kuch through unsaid words for entering into the devils den. Yes we've labeled him as devil what else we're supposed to call that person.

As I enter the office, uncertainty flickers in my chest will he behave differently? Will he ask about me a little much? But as I approach his office the weight of expectations settles like a heavy cloud
"How may I help you sir" I politely smile masking my disappointment. I hate how terrible I am at concealing emotions "I want the project details" his eyes glued to his computer screen.
I take a deep breath steeling myself"the project is going fine, it'll be completed by the end of this week after which we'll be all set to release it" he nods still focusing on his device "fine you may leave now"

As I turn to go apang of frustration hits me I had hoped that things will evolve between us after yesterday but all my hopes are shattered now, I guess I was being ridiculous to think all that of course he's the boss and our job is to get the work done. I totally understand his actions.

However I can't help silently screaming after closing the door, it is what it is I hate being ignored by him and this is totally my fault.

Striding to the coffee area I spot Aryan sipping on his favourite coffee. All of the employees simp for this place to release their tension and gossip about there life. "Hey Tanzeela, what happened umm you look kinda stressed" Aryan observes, concern etching his features "not stressed but it's our CEO he's like a stormy cloud raining arrogance and ignorance everywhere he goes" I know I'm being dramatic, Aryan chuckles and takes another sip of coffee "the trauma we all share as colleagues"
"Couldn't agree more I wish he was a bit sweet rather than being bitter" I confide.

Aryan's eyes widen and he nearly choke on his coffee, I don't remember saying anything that'll make him react like this "you're reacting like I'm saying anything about you it's about that ice factory" chuckling a little I observe Aryan's forehead with prickles of sweat his hand struggling to move like he's trying to gesture something but before I can say anything further he leaves "wait a minute" I shake my head in disbelief. Did he catch a ghost behind me or what a pang of realization hits me all of over my body what if?.........no please no...... If Salar Shah is standing beside me I'll need someone to send me to a place where I can isolate myself.