Chapter - 15

Can my life get any worse!!!!!

The past few months have been excruciating for me. I fell in love with my CEO who doesn't believe in love yet treats me like a queen, got into the mess of rumours, got engaged to my CEO and now I have to face all of the judgmental gazes of the employees.

Bearing the weight of uncertainty on my tiny shoulders, I mask a façade of assurance, refusing to let anyone see through the storms raging inside me. As I enter the office, the fake smiles and murmurs of felicitations greets me with open arms "congratulations Tanzeela, surely you guys look so cute together" one of the employees exclaims however I'm certain that during my absence she'll surely call me a bitch who seduced her CEO.

Having no space to cherish insincerity, I wander to the only safe place currently. Being labeled as arrogant is better than faking something, so yeah if they're basking in the feeling of jabbering about me than go on guys I gave you another topic to vanish your boredom.

I knock the door to his office as a result I don't hear any reply. So instead of keeping knocking I enter the office. I'm invited by the sense of comfort as if I've reached home after roaming around for so long, the smell of musk, and amber injects a sensation of solace within me.

A highly childish thought knocks my brain. I walk towards his chair and elegantly sit on it, I clear my throat to sound as intimidating as Salar then I try to maintain an impassive face exactly like him which is intensely challenging I wonder how he does it. I roll my sleeves
Light, cameras and action
Beginning my little performance.

"Do you call it a masterpiece!" I throw a file on the table impersonating as him "even a child can design better than this" I run a hand through my hairs just like him "I'm giving you 24 hours and if I don't receive a masterpiece on my table by then y'all are fired" I demand in a hoarse voice and furiously stand up from his chair and giggle "let's have a twist" I chuckle and transform into my character "this is me Salar shah, I'm the perfect and I demand perfection from my employees. I'm cursed that I can't smile and I label my fiancee as mia anima probably containing the worst meaning. In conclusion Salar shah is the epitome of perfection"

"You almost got that right mia anima" A deep laugh interrupts my small act, I flinch thinking that I've gone nuts and hallucinating his voice after enacting him. I gradually turn back praying internally that it's not what I think but turning back I spot Salar leaning against the doorframe laughing his heart out.

With bated breath, I find myself suffocating in the mixture of anxiousness and fear as he approaches. In a desperate desire for distance I mirror his strides in retreat until my spine meets with the dark wall. There in that moment he pressed me against the wall.
What a great time luck has chosen to abandon me? Pinned against the wall by my CEO or should I say fiance.

Standing there in the ensnared in the grip of his proximity, a whirlwind of emotions churn within me. The space within us, so small that if I supported a movement our lips will collide. I can almost hear my heartbeat in this silent room. He draws nearer allowing my nostrils to be blessed with his overwhelming scent. He leans closer to my ear and whispers "didn't know you had this talent within you impressive" his whispers sends a jolt in my veins "I'm.. I'm sor.. sorry I won't do...do it again" I stammer, embarrassment dancing its way inside me "sorry? For what?" He asked adding to my distress