Chapter - 5

Today is the day of decision

Today is the day of decision. A day which can possibly bring the denial of my words , but not my instincts I have said before and am saying it again the deal is hers and I'm still trying to clear the air that why did I agree.

I have just entered the company and all the faces that were previously giggling probably gossiping masked themselves as the most workaholic personality upon sensing my presence. I wish I could shake the knowledge inside them that they are expected to work for themselves, to innovate so that they can bring something productive in this world , not because they are working under a perfection demanding CEO. Well it's a human secret to understand and despite being their boss I cannot educate them on this matter.

I get in the elevator and before I can push the button for the floor Tanzeela Ali enters the lift with her focus on the files in her hands , her hands are slightly shivering and the forehead is covered with sweat which can hardly be seen . She purses her lips and her gaze shifts towards me "Good morning sir" she greets me but my focus is on her actions yelling that she's nervous , getting out of studying her I just nod in reply like always.

"Is this your resignation letter?" She shoots me her forever look I hate you Salar Shah you're the epitome of arrogance , you bother me to hell. Normally I would've never said such phrases to an employee but again nothing is normal with her . She forces a smile and pushes a strand of hair behind her ear "definitely not Sir but in it I've written the details about what I want because I'm winning the deal" she confidently explains how her designs are disguising her wish list in the present moment . A huge part of me strongly believes that she's going to achieve what she aims for and I wonder what she is going to ask me to do.

"Delusions always cause problems that can make you lose deals , you have to be practical" I continue our conversation but since we reach the floor she wants to go so she didn't reply. She walks out of the lift and turns back "be it practical or delusional Mr.Shah I'm winning the deal" touchè I've never met someone as confident and bold as her , she impresses me every single day. I reach the floor where my office is situated I walk towards my office and my assistant comes running after me , she stands after me and says while panting "Good morning Sir I apologize to interrupt but your presence is required in the meeting room to observe the designs for the upcoming project"

"Prepare the meeting room I'll be there" I reply to her and walk to my office I loosen my tie a little bit and pick up the required file . While walking towards the meeting room my steps paused upon hearing the sound of deep breaths from the restroom. My gut feelings were that the source of these sounds were her.
Reluctantly I knock the door and utter "if you're comfortable could you come out or just don't reply and I'll leave" I'm aware she is nervous about the project and it's totally normal . I can't expect a person to be entirely confident anyone can be anxious at such stages of life . Not hearing any reply I was about to leave that the door cracked open and she stepped out . She already concealed her nervousness and passed me a slight smile "I'm sorry if I'm late , I was just coming for the meeting" she's clearly anxious but is trying to pretend that she isn't. Maybe she is overtaken with the fear of being considered frail.