Chapter - 11

Her words echoes in mind revealing a hidden part of me I always kept covert

Her words echoes in mind revealing a hidden part of me I always kept covert. My father and I hadn't talked appropriately for years and now he's engaging in my proposal, totally making me go nuts. "He did" her position tenses up "and I believe it has nothing to do with you" judging by her tone and position I suppose she is feeling uncomfortable currently so I ought to keep my feelings aside and prioritize her comfort "Tanzeela, let me talk to my dad about this matter and I assure you nothing will happen if you don't want to" I assure her while my own mind is bustling with rage.

"May I leave and sort this matter out? The better it is the sooner we resolve it right?" I ask her and she nods in reply. Without lending few seconds I rush towards my next venue. Why did dad initiated my marriage all of a sudden? He never bothered to check on me and now he's willing to take decision on the most important matter of my life that too with Tanzeela. It's too much of a coincidence.

With disappointment seeping through every pore, I enter the familiar mansion, my steps heavy, laden with the burden of dashed hopes and broken promises. The once welcoming aura of the grand foyer now feels suffocating, the memories of happier times now tainted by the bitter reality of my father's failures.As the employees glance up, their usual warm greetings replaced by somber nods, I push past them, my heart weighed down by the weight of unspoken words and unresolved emotions.Finally reaching my father's study, I push the door open with trembling hands, the sight of him behind his desk stirring a mix of anger and sorrow within me. "Dad," I begin, my voice thick with disappointment, "we need to talk."

He looks up at me, guarded by emotions. I stand in the dimly lit study, my hands trembling with anger and hurt as I stare at the proposal my father has laid out before me. My heart sinks as I realize what it means - he has arranged a marriage for me without my consent.

"You know I don't want to ever marry," I say, my voice strained with emotion.

My father looks up from his desk, his face softening with concern. "I just want you to be happy, son. Life can't be spent alone."

My frustration boils over. "You care for me? Where did that care go when you and Mom abandoned me, Dad? I was just a child begging you for love, but all you did was send me to a boarding school and never look back. After Mom left me, I thought you would give me her love as well, but guess what you did? You despised me because I reminded you of yourselves."

Tears blur my vision as years of pent-up anguish pour out of me. "I was miserable my whole life, grown without love, and I'll be fine ahead as well. At least you don't need to care about me."

My father sits in stunned silence, his heart heavy with regret and sorrow. He had hoped to spare me from the loneliness he felt after my mother's departure, but now he sees that his actions have only caused more pain. As my words pierce through him, he realizes the depth of his failure as a father, and he can only hang his head in shame, knowing that he has lost the trust and love of his own son.

"You don't need to care about me when you never did," I say bitterly, my voice cracking with emotion as I turn away, unable to bear the weight of his gaze any longer. With a heavy heart, I make my way to the door, the weight of years of disappointment and neglect heavy on my shoulders.

As I reach for the handle, my father's voice cuts through the silence, laden with remorse. "Salar, please, let me explain."

But I can't bring myself to listen, the pain is too raw, too consuming. Without another word, I push open the door and step out into the cool night air, leaving behind the shattered fragments of what little remained of our relationship.

Behind me, I can hear my father's footsteps as he follows me, his voice pleading, desperate. But I can't bear to listen, can't bear to let myself hope for reconciliation when the wounds are still so fresh.

With each step I take, the weight on my heart grows heavier, the burden of a lifetime of unmet expectations and broken promises threatening to crush me under its weight. But I keep walking, my resolve unyielding, determined to forge my own path, even if it means leaving behind the only family I've ever known.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠✧⁠*⁠。(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠✧⁠*⁠。(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠✧⁠*✧⁠*⁠。

After reaching my sanctuary, my eyes swelling out with resisted tears, my heart beat reminding me of the burden. I haven't recovered from that trauma I just learned how to live with it maybe foolimg myself.

As I step into my lounge my eyes lick with a familiar figure sitting on the couch exactly where I left her. Why didn't she leave? I glance at my watch to calculate the time and it has barely been an hour abruptly I look down denying to display how vulnerable I am currently "sir is everything fine?" Her pleasant voice brings me back to my senses "I..yes.. I'm fine" this is the first time I ever fumble Infront of anyone and it feels so weak "are you crying" concern dripping through her voice, I don't know how do I feel right now having someone beside me that genuinely cares. I feel my knees weaken before she holds my chin forcing me to look up "what happened?" Anxiety running down her as I fall to the ground on my knees unable to bare the weight of abandonment on my shoulders.

Soon after she joins me on the floor with worry making it's way across her features "Will you hug me if I breakdown right now?" It's the kid inside me demanding love and affection who despise the Salar that I've become. Before I can say anything else she wraps her arms around me in a tight embrace.

Her warmth envelops me, and before I can stop it, tears start to flow uncontrollably down my cheeks. I feel like a child again, vulnerable and exposed.Through my sobs, I try to utter something, anything, but she just holds me tighter, her presence a soothing balm to my wounded soul. "It's okay," she whispers, her voice a gentle melody in the chaos of my mind. "I know that this world has been too cruel, but I'm always, there."

But I can't accept her comfort, can't let her see the darkness that lurks within me. "I can't love you," I manage to choke out between sobs. "You don't deserve me."Her response is like a whisper in the storm, soft yet unwavering. "I'll love us enough for both of us," she says, her words cutting through the turmoil in my mind with a clarity that leaves me breathless.In that moment, as her arms continue to hold me close, I fail to realize the intensity it holds, we both don't know what are we saying and doing. It's just the magic that was already flickered between both of us. If she comes into my darkness it'll vanish her light.

 If she comes into my darkness it'll vanish her light