Chapter - 6

Amidst all the hardships and harshness the day has to offer , one person's warmth can wash the effect of those

Amidst all the hardships and harshness the day has to offer , one person's warmth can wash the effect of those. I label that person home , a person you sense safety with , with whom you can entirely be who you really are without the fear of being judged. My home is my family and when I talk about my family laiba is included.

"It's your turn Uncle" laiba informs dad about his turn . Today she is staying at my place , it won't be wrong declaring that both of our families are actually one . Our parents won't bother inquiring if one of us is staying at another's house that's the magic of our friendship. Mom and dad consider laiba like their own daughter and likewise her parents think of me just the same.

We all are playing ludo and Dad is winning, mom is visibly not interested in the game, she's only playing because there was a room left for one player "and here comes the winning move" Dad whines about him winning and makes the winning move we all cheered for him along with having some snacks.
Isn't this what happiness means , giggling and enjoying the best moments of my life with my family. It's always the little thing that contains everlasting effects, it's just one needs to unravel that secret.

After playing we all return to our rooms as everyone was yawning by the end. "Hey Tanzeela" laiba whispers disturbing sleepy me, looking at that devilish smile on her face I jumped up to the conclusion that she's going to say something stupendous. "Whatever it is I'm not with you right now all I want to do is sleep" I reply to her making her frustrated "you're so boring, how many times do I have to tell you that you only get to live once and you should never leave a chance to enjoy the moment" I'm sure she has devoured this speech by now because it's the millionth time I'm hearing her say this.

I get up and sit on the bed to hear whatever dumbest idea she's going to bomb, I cock my eyebrows indicating her to speak . She sighs and stares into my eyes to spot any kind of excitement and all she'll grasp is sleep "well, how about let's go on a long drive" she laughs at finishing her sentence staring at me and all I am capable of answering her is laughing along with her and saying "No" she squints her eyes and smirks revealing her dimples
I'm aware of what she is going to say "either we're going on a long drive or else I'm going home right now" we both know she isn't going anywhere but there is this dumb thing existing called emotional blackmail and she has mastered her skills in it.

I roll my eyes and rise from my bed, rummaging for a hair band. Spotting it on the side table, I tie my hair into a messy bun. Glancing back, I find her wide-eyed with a huge smile. "Let's go," she whispers-screams. Clad in our night dresses, we slip on hoodies - I opt for an all-black one while she chooses a light blue hoodie with a butterfly print. Stealthily, we tiptoe our way out, hoping to avoid any unwanted attention or a barrage of insults if caught.

"I'm driving" laiba's says snatching the car keys from my hand , I run a hand through my hairs "laiba I think we should not do this" my tone contains the warning essential to remind her of the consequences as she sits in the car and starts it. I flinch by the sound looking here and there to spot any presence , she opens the car window and says "Tanzeela we're definitely doing it now hop in or else I'm driving home"