Chapter - 18

(Play perfect slowed and reverb by Ed Sheeran)

I'm getting married today! The Salar who hates love is getting married today!

It took me hours to muster up the courage to walk here as the flashbacks of past kept haunting me, the questions of uncertainty washing over me what if she also leaves you?

But as I stand here waiting for my wife to arrive, I behold a determination that no matter what I ain't stranding here at eny point of the life, she's the one for me. Then why can't I love her? An inner voice corrupts my thoughts again but I brush it off as I take a glimpse of my wife heading in my direction.

My world seems to stop, I fail to figure out if my heartbeat has fasten or if it has stopped. The lady that's incoming is the epitome of what they call serenity, beauty, tranquility.

The red bridal attire she has embraced is making her look like she doesn't belong from here. I can't take my eyes off from her not when I even want to.

"Hey Shah" she calls me out, and my shallow breathing stops, I gently grab her hand to ease the anxiety she must be facing right now "hey Mrs Shah" I reply to which she enhances the crimson shade on her cheeks "are we ready for this journey" I simply interrogate "yes we are" she tightens her grip on my hand and we walk towards our tomorrow and forever.

As we walk every whisper praising how adorable we look together, but all I could focus is on my wife who's embracing all the beauty in this world rather she is my whole world. The lyrics echoing in my ear 'darling you look perfect tonight' couldn't be more realistic, my wife surely looks perfect and beyond tonight, she's looking like what I can call mine.

So busy adoring her I didn't realize when we reached the stage, I capture her heavy dress to release some of the tension and then we pose for the photos according to what the photographer is commanding. I've never posed for a picture before but as it's her wish I have to do it.

It's rare for us both to be seated together and remain silent but today no words are required, it's the heart's that are speaking, it's the eyes that are conveying. What is this feeling? I question myself but before the answer can Introduce itself. Anas interrupts us by his nonchalant behavior.

The only reason I've accepted his contribution in this wedding is because he's Azlan's brother, to my surprise he grabs my wife's hand, my blood started boiling on his action "leave Anas" I state in a hoarse voice but this brat ignored me and continues flirting with her with a highly pathetic line "have somebody ever told you how all the stars will seem dim Infront of your light?" That's it I've crossed the limit of patience I aim letting him literally flirt with my wife.

Before I can react his another brother Shahmeer spills his drink on my shoes, why does his brothers have to spoil everything? "Sorry Salar Bhai let me take your shoes and bring it after I clean them" he takes off my shoes and they both run somewhere leaving me puzzled because what the actual hell are they both UpTo.