Chapter - 12

My entire life I've never performed any act I've always been the practical one

My entire life I've never performed any act I've always been the practical one. The feeling of salar shah embracing me is undoubtedly embarrassing not because it felt bad because it felt like reaching home after traveling for ages. Regret creeping through every vessel present in my body yearning to travel back in time and change every action I performed.

I confessed to Salar Shah. The thought of it makes me want to bury myself six feet beneath the ground. He sobbed like a child on my shoulder and slept in that position. His housekeeper tucked him in bed and I left without saying a word. I was unable to sleep the entire night solving the puzzle about how harshly this innocent soul was treated that made him like this, my own grief of unrequited love felt unparalleled in front of his rooted pain.

I stand in front of my mirror, nervously adjusting my outfit for the office event. Tonight is the big night, it's the official announcement for our project where everyone from the company, including our esteemed CEO, will be in attendance. My heart races at the thought of facing him.I smooth out the fabric of my dress, trying to calm my racing thoughts. what if he wasn't sleeping at that time and he remembers my confession? How am I going to face him after knowing that his father sent a proposal at my house and he literally rejected it the very idea makes my cheeks flush with embarrassment.

Thankfully word has it that he's piled up with schedule so he's most likely to arrive late and before his arrival I'll excuse myself from the event to avoid any embarrassing moments. A small wave of relief washes over me as I apply the coat of lipstick, trying to muster up some confidence.

Bidding my parents goodbye I rush towards the venue, my mind races with a kaleidoscope of thoughts. How will the interaction with him turn out? If the bar is set high for the project how will my designs beat it?.

Reaching the venue I shrug all my thoughts aside focusing on one thing that I need to slay. Blanketing my professionalism.

As I step into the sleek event space, my breath catches at the sight before me. The room is bathed in a soft, ethereal glow, with elegant decor adorning every corner. Crystal chandeliers cast shimmering patterns across the ceiling, and sleek, modern furniture beckons guests to gather and mingle.

Mesmerized by the ambiance, I pause for a moment to take it all in, feeling a sense of awe wash over me. The atmosphere is charged with excitement and anticipation, and I can't help but feel a flutter of nerves mixed with exhilaration.Lost in the beauty of the surroundings, I'm momentarily startled when I hear my name being called.

Turning, I see my colleagues approaching with warm smiles, their faces illuminated by the soft glow of the room."Hey there!" Alizey exclaims, giving me a friendly hug. "You look stunning tonight!"I offer a grateful smile, feeling a surge of confidence as their words wash over me. Surrounded by familiar faces and the buzz of excitement, I feel myself relaxed, ready to embrace the evening ahead.

I feel relieved as I didn't spot any sign of our CEO in the crowd mingling with colleagues, a voice interrupts my thoughts. I turn to see another CEO, impeccably dressed, approaching me with a confident stride.