09.

Heyy!!!

Told you all that I'm never going to be abandoning this book🤧❤️Oh well...I,for sure,wouldn't have been able to drop this update if I wasn't able to complete my school work for today😭❤️I love you guys so much that I had to hasten up today's work.

Oh well,all that can't go to waste,yeah?🌚Show me and my characters some love through your votes and beautiful comments.

Enjoy!

___

NIKOLAI LET OUT a sigh as he stared at Camilla's unconscious figure on the large bed in their bedroom.

The doctor had left, and he was all alone with her sleeping figure while he tried to put himself back together.

He stretched his hand forward and pushed the locks of her hair that was sprawled all over her face behind her ear,giving him a clear view of her face.

Eyes closed and eyelashes kissing her high cheekbones,she looked like an angel,nothing close to the fiery woman she portrayed herself to be in front of everyone.

His eyes fell on the imprints of his own fingers on her neck and his jaw worked.He clenched his fist that was now hanging on the air above her face to stop the stinging tears in his eyes from rolling down his cheek.He wasn't meant to cry.

He hurt the woman he claimed to love.

Marco's words hit him hard like a truck."Do you really love her as you claim to?...For all these years,I've watched you love and obsess over her, and now that you finally have her,you don't even care if she got kidnapped or not,"

Nikolai sucked in a deep breath and stood up,a throaty laugh escaping him as his chest tightened in pain.

Why did it hurt so much to see her like that,in that condition,even if she had done nothing but disrespect him?

Maybe Marco was right.Maybe he didn't love her anymore.Maybe he was just obsessed with the idea of keeping her with him.Maybe he only kept her just to hurt his brother.

But somewhere deep down in his heart,he knew it was all a lie.He loved her.He loved her so much it hurt him, and he was so sure he would never keep her with him just to hurt his brother.He loved her deeply and wanted to save her from his brother's manipulative clutches.

Roberto.

Nikolai's eyes narrowed into slits at the thought of his brother, and he felt a pang of jealousy in his heart as he remembered how Camilla and his brother sounded back there while getting hurt.

It was obvious in her voice that Camilla cared a lot about Roberto.

The love she had for Roberto made him hurt her.The love she had for Roberto landed her in the state she was in at the moment, and he wished that as he saved her from his brother's clutches,he would be able to save her from his own love because it was toxic.

He was toxic for her, and saving her was impossible,for his love had turned into a dark obsession he didn't want to ever get rid of.

Casting one last glance at her,Nikolai walked out of the room and went towards his study.On his way,he bumped into Marco.

Marco looked hesitant before asking."How is she?"

Nikolai nodded."She's fine.Just still unconscious,"

Marco then cleared his throat."And the migraine?What did the doctor say about it?"

Nikolai resisted the urge to snap at Marco for asking even when he had simply told him she was fine already."Everything is all fine,"