02.

Heyy,

Such an early update,isn't it?I want you all to enjoy reading this book as much as I'm enjoying writing it.Plus,this update is coming very early today cause I'm going to be busy during the daytime and tired in the evening,so I wouldn't want to leave you all hanging.

Warning:This chapter contains a few violent scenes.If you're not okay with it,I advise you not to read it.You've been warned.

Enjoy!

___

SHRUGGING OFF HIS trench coat,Nikolai flung it towards the armchair in the corner of his room before threading his hands through his hair frustratedly.

That image of his brother proposing to Camilla flashed across his mind and his nostrils flared.In a swift motion,Nikolai stretched his hand out and grabbed the nearest thing to him,then slammed it against the wall,breaking it into pieces.

His brother fucking proposed to her.His brother proposed to the Camilla and she fucking said yes.

"No,"He breathed out."No, no,"

He couldn't get the image out of his mind.It was fucking him up and he couldn't help it.

"Control,Nick,control,"He breathed out,reaching for the side drawer.

He opened the drawer and took out a bottle of his pills,then pulled out two of the pills in his palms.Grabbing the jug of water on the drawer,he fetched a favourable amount in the glass next to it and took it to his lips along with the pills,swallowing it down.

Dropping back the glass cup on the drawer,he palmed his head."Control.You need to control yourself,Nick,"

In a few minutes,the pills began to have their desired effect, and Nikolai felt his anxiety calming down.

His mind began to go back down the lane of what he saw in the restaurant.

They looked in love.His brother and Camilla looked hopelessly in love,but would that be for too long?

He held the key to their happiness.

But he loved Camilla.He loved her so much he couldn't bear to see her in pain.He loved her so much he couldn't bear to spoil the little happiness she had even though it was based on a lie.

He was well aware of the way she hated him.He knew she despised him so much, and it broke his heart into several pieces the day he saw it in her eyes when he was found on the scene of her father and brother's murder.

But their deaths had been his fault.

If he hadn't-

"Fuck,"He cursed out loud and stood up.

He shouldn't be thinking about the things that happened.He shouldn't be thinking of how the deaths of his family and Camilla's father and brother were his fault.

He needed to stop.

But how could he possibly stop when the look in Camilla's eyes back then haunted him every single day of his life after that day?How could he stop knowing fully well he couldn't even bring justice to everyone he loved that were murdered ruthlessly,including Camilla's father and brother?Just...how could he stop thinking it was his fault?

"Fucking hell,"He mumbled.

A knock on his bedroom door caught his attention, and he turned towards it.No one other than his underboss and consigliere had the audacity to go to his room.