Y6 ~ Sectumsempra

"It's easy for them to get to you. You're blood lucky you too weren't killed." Hermione lectured as they walked down the hall. "You have to realize who you are, Y/N."

"I know who I am, Hermione, all right?" Y/N snapped.

"She just means you have to be careful." Harry reasoned.

"Says the one that followed me," Y/N sighed as they walked, "Sorry Mione. I don't mean to sound harsh. Just tired is all."

Hermione nodded in understanding. The three paused at the sight of Ron and Lavender snogging in the window sill. Harry assumed after the conversation Ron and he shared the train, he would have broken up with her already. The answer was clearly no.

"Excuse me, I have to go and vomit." Hermione said before walking off. Y/N stopped walking and turned to face me.

"Come, we have more important things to focus on. Like Dumbledore. Didn't he tell you that the minute we get back from break he wanted to see us?" She asked with a sharpness in her tone. Just remembering the conversation Harry had with her over the break, and if it wouldn't have been for her remembering he would have forgotten about going to his office.

"I-i was just about to remind you for us to head to his office." Y/N  just laughed at his blatant lie.

"Harry you know you forgot until I brought it up right now, you're not a very good lier," Y/N chuckling even more.

"Come on let's hurry before it gets late," Y/N said, grabbing Harry's hand and pulling towards the direction of Dumbeldoors office. Harry smiled at how easy Y/N could read him.

A few minutes later they arrived at his office. Without saying a word, he let them in and led them over to the penseive. It already had a memory poured into it. The two took a final breath before dunking their heads in to see whatever it is Dumbledore wanted to show them. They felt my surroundings changing as they entered the memory.

"I'd like to know where you get your information.
More knowleable than half the staff, you are." Slughorn laughed. He was sitting at a round table with a couple students. It looks like a slug club party.

"Sir, is it true that Professor Merrythought is retiring?" One of the boys asked.

"Now, Tom. I couldn't tell you if I knew, could I?" Slughorn responded as he took a bite of pineapple.

"But how did you know?"

"Intuition." Tom answered slowly.

He looked a lot older than he did the last time Dumbledore showed the two a memory of him. He looked around 15, maybe 16? Then the clock on the wall chimed.

"Gracious. Is it that time already? Off you go, boys, or Professor Dippet will have us all in detention." Slughorn instructed.

He and the boys got up from the table and said their goodbyes. Tom was the only one to not exit the room. Tapping the hourglass catching Slugghorns attention one again.

"Look sharp, Tom. Don't want to be caught out of bed after hours. Is there something on your mind you wanted to discuss?"

"Yes, actually. You see, I couldn't think of anyone else to go to. The other professors, well, they're not like you. They might misunderstand." Slughorn looked a little concerned with his words.

"G-go on."

"I was in the library the other night in the Restricted Section and I read something rather off about a bit of rare magic, and I thought perhaps you could illuminate me. It's called, as I understand it..." His voice trailed off. The two could still see his lips moving and Slughorn could still clearly hear what he was saying however they couldn't for some reason almost as if it were blocked for some reason.