Y5 ~ Blue Butterflies

The beginning of summer went by smoothly, with Y/N arriving at the countryside in her home with Moony. Finally being able to contact her father and receive more and more letters from her father causes rising anticipation each day for when your father would return one of her letters. Which was always exciting since her letters would expel blue butterflies using magic wrapping around her for gracing her cheeks and hair before disappearing. Allowing her to feel like her younger self each time with a gesture. Appreciating the warmth of having another individual in her liked to love her unconditionally. But being with Moony was like a dream in it of itself as well. Remus began to work a little less to spend more time with Y/N, but Y/N knew it was more out of protection than anything else since Voldemort is back and wanted her in his army for some reason. Quite to Y/N's surprise when she first arrived at Lupine Cottage, Remus' gave her a welcoming present, her favorite chocolate croissants. That small gesture made everything in the world seem less frightening.

But as the days went on Ron and Hermione had been sending suspiciously short letters- not letters, notes. But Y/N was smart enough to know that they had a reason behind it-unlike Harry, who was strongly upset about it.

Sadly there were night where Cedric Diggory's death would arise in her dream, reminder of his friend dead corpse would cause her to cry herself to sleep on nights where Remus was busy at work, and would have horrible nightmares, but her family and his best friends never failed to lighten her mood, every other day. Including Draco. Draco had consistently sent her letters throughout the summer, asking questions about her well-being and if there was anything he could do to help me during these tough times. Including writing romantic and flirtations words, wooing Y/N. Which was done successfully gaining not only her trust, but also firing old feelings she had believed were long gone. Today was no exception:

My beautiful flower,

I know you are haunted by the death of your friend Cedric Diggory, I can't imagine what you're going through. But it must feel worse than when I had lost you, it was like I myself had a part of me die within me each day I wasn't with you. If I could wish for one thing right now it would be your heart, so you can see my dedication to be with you everyday and support you through everything you go through, because Y/N I may never find words beautiful enough to decide all that you mean to me but will spend the rest of my life searching for them.

Sincerely, Grey Eyes

There letters written using face nicknames for one another so incase anyone in the Malfoy manor would confiscate the letters wouldn't know who had written them. As show in the letter the nickname given by Draco was flower and while Draco to Y/N was grey eyes. Something discussed in of their Hogwarts netting's in the library before summer. Alas
as read the letter could help be filled with joy. Y/N had never read such beautiful letters dedicated towards her, Harry too sent letters that made Y/N flutter through trying to present his silly side through writing. But Draco seemed to have had a spark lit within him and seemed to fire his dedication and passion. 'However, Harry was just...Harry' Y/N thought fondly of him. Draco and Harry were polar opposites but both had the strive to win Y/N's heart over. Draco was one step ahead towards what Y/N was looking forward to, but it was still too soon to tell which way her heart would be swayed towards. As the days went on it seemed everyone was busy.

The Weasleys weren't home, and Harry and Hermione were living with muggles, so Y/N had no choice but to stay at Lupin Cottage, all day, every day. Which she really didn't complain about since Remus would spend as much time as possible with his godchild after work and on the weekends since he was mostly busy during the week. Which were the moments Y/N most treasure with Remus, when they would cook and bake. Almost every day during the first three weeks of summer- just Y/N, and Remus, in their little kitchen.