Chapter 13

Kaly's perspective

It was late in the evening and the rain showed no signs of letting up. The tension between me and Octavia had become quite strange. I understand that she felt ashamed by her aunt's words, but I still did not understand where the daily energy that she exuded disappeared. Now she just sits and reads a book quietly but I can see she is using the book as an excuse to not talk to me.

"If what your aunt said bothers you, tell me! She just said what she thought. I do not judge you. How could I do it? So please come back to the energetic person you are because your condition worries me." I said as I took the book from her hand and placed it on the coffee table. I could see her eyes twinkling as she looked at me and her smile lit up her face.

"I see it's getting late, do you want to change into something more comfortable?" I nodded in the affirmative and followed her on the way to her room. It was so different from mine. She was smaller but represented her in everything. Shelves lined with books led to the side of the bed where there was another stack rising from the floor to above the bed that served as a bedside table. Bruno Mars posters lined the walls. The rain seemed to be on the ceiling because the room was somewhere in the attic but a large window was positioned on the ceiling above the bed where you could look at the sky and now the rain was hitting the huge window.

She hands me a t-shirt of hers that reached to my mid-thighs and a pair of compression shorts that seemed to fit me surprisingly well. The perfume of her clothes gave me a strange, novel and yet unique feeling in the lower part of my stomach.

I stayed in the room to change and Octavia went to the bathroom. I took a quick look around the room and decided to leave. I turn and bump right into her in person in the doorway wanting her in. She was only wearing a sports bra that exposed her shoulders and very prominent arms, being short, my eyes first ran to her sculpted abdomen and that strange sensation had returned again and was even more intense. And a pair of flared sweatpants that left nothing but the imagination.

This is going to be the longest night ever.

I was sitting on the kitchen island looking at Octavia who was busy cooking some spaghetti carbonara. I watched in detail every muscle that flexed as she moved. Peace everything with an eccentric grace. The music was muted enough for us to hear because it was already quite late.

I'm surprised by the sudden return of the girl who turns the music a little louder when Bruno Mars' song ~Nothin' on you~ starts playing in the room and she starts singing the song with a sick passion that I can't get enough of listening to... I could have listen to it all day and I could not get bored.

" Beautiful girls, all over the world. I could be chasing, but my time would be wasted... They got nothin' on you baby..."

She was singing looking at me and I was smiling from ear to ear. Everything seemed so normal and simple that I was starting to think that was where I belonged. She takes my hand in hers and starts spinning me around the kitchen. It was so nice dancing and singing with her that I didn't even notice the person taking our picture from the doorway. The flash of the camera illuminates the dimly lit room and the sound of the picture coming out of the camera was almost deaf because of the music.

Octavia makes her way over to her aunt and takes the newly taken picture looking at her. She takes her phone out of her pocket and takes a picture of him in turn then hands it to me. It was an excellent picture. A real picture. capturing every detail of the truly happy moment I was spending with her. It wasn't a lying picture like any other, hiding your feelings from others. "Keep it, it's yours now."
She said speaking softly. "No I could, it's yours!" I tried to give it back but she pushed my hand away. "No, what is mine is also yours, don't forget that!" She whispered into my ear with her raspy voice and I got goosebumps all over my skin. "Thank you."

"We should get back to cooking because the pasta is going to boil too much." she goes back to cooking and I watch. She also threw such fleeting glances at me that gave me that unique feeling. It was an Edenic curse that her presence had such a delirious effect on me. I was losing my judgment around her. I didn't even notice that the storm stopped some time ago.

I can honestly say that the pasta she cooked was the best I have ever eaten. "They are amazing. How do you know how to cook so well?" I asked with my mouth still full like a child. "I had to learn to work, we didn't eat much with the family, so I had to do it myself." I feel like a piece of me breaks every time she tells me about how she was treated. "You are an incredible person Octavia, when you want to of course. And when you're not full of yourself..." she said and she left the plate on the counter next to her. "Am I full of myself? Voreste young lady, I loved only by name..." This comment I can say annoyed me. "And what are you jealous of?" I wanted to annoy her too but I didn't expect her to come in front of me positioned between my legs with her hands on one side and the other of the island I was sitting on. "Right, I'm jealous when I know he can have you but he can't handle you." She was getting closer and closer to me looking at me intensely and I could see my own reflection in her eyes. "And you think you can?" I wanted to know what he was thinking, I wanted to know every single thing that was going through his mind at that moment. Absolutely everything! "I would do so many things to you that you would forget your own name Kalilah, don't underestimate me!"

To avoid her gaze I lower mine and my eyes are instantly drawn to the bulge in her pants. "I see, you will stay with the dreams Octavia. You will not catch the day when you will fulfill them. Go deal with your problem and then take me home!" She also looks at her turn and says "Okay, go and get the backpack! You can keep the clothes anyway, you still have a few..."