Chapter 7

The sun began to shine through the open window of my room. The weather is still very nice for the beginning of the autumn.

I would have loved to hear the birds singing among the trees but I actually can't remember when it was the last time the birds sang.

I got on my feet cracking my bones, I looked around and felt the perfect equality of peace and silence. Something that I craved for so long. I craved for the feeling of freedom, and now I have it and every day is like a blessing, not from any gods and angels but from the power I have in myself and the strength I hold in my soul.

I went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror like I always do, but for the first time I don't see the old me anymore, the old fat and tired person that didn't gave a shit about anything in life because they lost the battle of life itself. But I saw a new me, who looked good and well rested, red cheeks, tanned skin, full lips and mostly the eyes full with life and maybe something more, hope...

I took a quick shower and dressed myself for the lake. I took a black bra with a pair of black shorts and covered with a white short sleeve unbuttoned shirt that matched my sunglasses and my slippers. I sprayed some cologne and I was ready to go.

I should have not concept of Zoe's plan last evening but she told me that she knows what she is doing and that I should trust her. And maybe I am desperate or just crazy considering that I let her do her thing. I'll do what she asks me, anything to make her friend be mine.

I don't like games, I don't like playing people or playing with people. I know what I want and I don't want to get it in this way and if maybe one day Kalilah will se me even half of the way I see her is enough for me.

The feeling of lust is something that became unbearable, the sight of her body makes me hard as a rock and just knowing her closer to me could make me one day lose my sanity, my eagerness hangs by a thread that will not last for to long, and I am afraid that one day I'll do or I'll say something that could make her hate me even more.

POV of Kaly in the chapter

I still can't believe that I agreed to come here for Zoe, I don't even like this place. Coming to the lake is just an excuse for people to see each other in less clothing and make out behind  the reed.  Of course I know Zoe wants to externalize with her new catch.  So she can show off that she got the most wanted gift in the school. 

    I don't get what people see in her, she doesn't even look that good. Maybe just I don't know her brown eyes or...
    I feel an arm around me suddenly that pulled me out of my trans, I turn my head to see Zoe smiling at me.  " What were you thinking about?" She asked looking at me with a smirk like she could hear my thoughts. "I was thinking about how the fuck I accepted to come here in the first place?" A said with a cold voice.  " Ow come on don't be so harsh! Where is your douchebag?" She said rolling her eyes. I know she doesn't like him but I never complained about her taste in people...
" He said he needs to help his father with something, I don't know what..." I said excepting the part where I asked him and he said he doesn't feel like it...
I see a white Audi TT parking beside Zoe's car and the person getting out.

  Fuck she did looked good, se took off her shirt, exposing her well toned arms and well defined abs, a feeling tightened in my stomach as my gaze reached on her V-line, how the fuck she she looks so masculine and yet so good? I observe the fact that she was wearing shorts and not bikinis.

What the fuck am I thinking? How the fuck can I find her looking good? I mean she looks like the sun in the afternoon, if you look too much you might burn. But every time I look at her I remember how cocky full of herself she can be and it makes me want to vomit.

She came up to us with a big smile on her face. Our eyes met and I could burn under her stare. Zoe jumped and hugged her, Octavia wrapped her arms around her but her eyes were still locked with mine, like she wanted to be me there but this only confirmed the fact that she doesn't deserve Zoe, and I will not let her broke my best friend's heart.

Zoe broke the hug and took her hand carefully. You could see it was swollen and full of bruises. She looked at the hand and back me pulling her hand. "Your hand is still swollen!" Zoe said with a strange voice, I never heard her speak softly before. "Is nothing to worry about, It will heal, is important that you are fine!" Octavia finally moved her eyes from mine and looked at Zoe for the first time and her face changed like all the emotions and nervousness went away.

I don't know why but that made me feel something I can't explain it into words. Like my throat closed up and my stomach twist.
" What happened?" I asked so I can understand what is going on. " Do you remember Jack?" She asked me and I rolled my eyes. Jack was a creep that hit on every girl he meets, and every girl knows that he doesn't know what NO means. But I thought she got rid of him a log time ago. "Did he came back?" I asked and she closed her eyes and nodded. " I couldn't get rid of him, he started following me everywhere and Octavia helped me by beating the shit out of him!" My eyes widened at her. She helped Zoe?