Chapter 2

Octavia's perspective

All my life I've been discriminated for who I am, actually for what I am. If I am to quote my parents words, I am nothing but an abomination, something that should never been born at all. A wierdo that you should not talk to. Like I wanted to be born this way...
Past these years I've been criticised, bullied and harassed by everyone. The ones I called friends and the ones I called family.

Two weeks ago I arrived in this town. I needed a new beginning, a place where nobody knows me and where I could just enjoy my life.
My aunt is very kind to let me live with her. With the condition of me taking a job so I can have my own money for the extra things I want. She has no kids and when I had no choice but to ask her she was nothing but thrilled to have me here. I am very grateful for everything she did for me by now.
She gave me a big room to make it my own. Is very comforting and cozy with a beautiful view of the mountains that surround the town. It is like a dream come true. I have peace, quiet and personal space for myself.

Last week at the town gym I met Arron Cartier. He showed me around town and told me everything that there is to know about it. We talked and talked and we just bonded. He told me his life story about being gay in this city and I told him mine. 
    For once when I talked someone listened to me and I felt understood.
   My aunt already knew him and it was very easy to get them both to know each other and I couldn't believe that in this short time I managed to create myself a healthy lifestyle.
I found out that Arron and I are going to the same high school and might have lots of classes together and It felt like a blessing.

Two days ago I was shopping with Arron at the mall for some clothes, as I was paying my things something caught my attention.
It was a gorgeous red head girl sipping from her pink Starbucks cup and laughing along with her friend. I felt like the world had stopped, or at least slowed down. The mostly breathtaking human being I had ever seen down this earth. The way her body was moving like she was floating, not walking and the smile of her was shining brighter than the sun. She looked so familiar somehow, like I've seen her before but I don't know where.

I fell Arron hand around my shoulder, making me move from my place. He knew who I was watching but didn't said a thing until we were far away from the girls.

"Look you don't want to mess with Kaly, that girl is mean and she is the biggest bitch you will ever see. If there is something she wants, she will have it, no matter what she brakes in the process." Arron says in a deep voice, a little scared I might say.
" Did she said something to you?" I said maybe I could get a response from him.
"Not yet, but she will when she will find out!" He said and it made me more curious.
"What have you done?" I asked almost laughing at Arron.
"No offence Tavi but is not your secret to keep and is not mine to tell!" He said and I let it be, is none of my business after all. But that girl is something else...

————————<***>————————

    The first day of high school here has been very different. For the first time in a while I felt seen and not in a bad way. They were interested in me, who was I, what I liked, they didn't wanted to mock or discriminate me. 
     With Arron by my side I felt like school was a place where I could get to know myself better.

   Some guy tried to hit on me and after I told him I was into girls everything was a rollercoaster. The word was spread in the whole school and everybody started to turn their head in my direction. But one especially red head turned and her glare was burning holes through me. I felt an urge to go to her.
Our eyes met and as I was getting closer but she didn't fudge, she continued staring straight into my eyes like I was the only thing to see.
A smirk flowered on my face at the sight of her getting nervous because I was much taller than her but her big ocean eyes were telling a different story. 
  She was obnoxious in the best way possible, like a bottle of fine wine. Yet she didn't stop staring at me.
  She was spitting venom with that little sweet mouth of hers. I turned my head to her friend who was watching me with heart shaped eyes and my head clicked with a sudden idea. I gave to Zoe my number and walked away.

My phone ranged and for my surprise was my aunt calling. I answered and the sweet voice of this woman gave me good news.
" Octavia love, I found you a job!"
"Really, tell me more!" I said very happily to make my auntie proud.
" Well is a good paid one, as a baby sitter here in our neighbourhood, the girl is only 5 and she is the sweetest little girl. You are gonna love her to bits"
" thank you so much, you are literally my life hero" I said laughing for her entuziasm in everything...