Chapter 10

Kaly's perspective

  Like the seasons, people change, and at that moment something in me changed. I experienced a unique feeling, it's a combination of shame and pride, joy and madness. It's so complex I don't even know what to call it. her words echoed in my head like an echo in a cave. Again and again. Pure torture full of pleasure and desire, need and lust. And of all people, she gives me the uniqueness of this feeling, and that scares me...

I looked into her eyes and for the first time they started to take on color. And her chocolate eyes shone like the sunset. The lack of space between us took my breath away. It was incredible what magic could do to an attractive person. Shivers ran through my skin as her hand touched my cheek and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

I thought she would do something, something typical of her that would ruin this moment but she did nothing. She stepped back looking at me once more and showing her bright smile she says "If we still can't get into the classroom do you want to go have a drink at the benches outside?"

I nodded to her, and she took the meticulously packed clothes from my hand so that no trace of dirt could be seen, something that at that moment I did not understand very well. "Then let's leave these in the locker room and then we'll go, okay?" She asked me in a low voice what sounded so real and yet so unimaginable.

I walked with her through the wide and banal hallways of the high school, but still it's as if the circumstances start to take on color, everything seems to look more alive, as if I'm seeing them for the first time again. I put my clothes in the changing room, then, taken by surprise, Octavia takes me by the hand and leads me to the first snack machine.

The moment her hand held mine was supposed to be insignificant and yet it carried so much hidden meaning. A fine touch that gave normality to the gesture. When our hands parted I had begun to miss her touch, and the wind chilled my hand that was once warmed by hers. He turns his gaze once more to me who was face to face with the machine and asks stepping behind me looking over my shoulder.

"You can pick whatever you want!" She said close to my ear. " I don't know, a water would be great..." I said it so silently that I was surprised that she heard me because she scoffed. " No water, I am serious, Pick a juice, chocolate, biscuits..."
She said a little demanding this time. "I don't know..." I said once again and I was caught off guard when her hands placed upon my waist making my heart pop out of my chest.

" Jusr tell me what you desire the most right now... Tell me, what do you crave Kalilah!"
She said and the way my name rolled out of her tongue it sounded so natural. Like the universe wired us together for her to say my name with such pathos that I could feel it in the marrow of my bones. " Then I'll have a juice box and a chocolate bar with caramel!"

Her hands left my waist but I could still feel them on me. She bought us all the snacks, I tried to give her money  but she threw me a nasty look and I backed off.  After walking through the school yard we found a bench unde e tree. We sat down and she handed me a juice box and a chocolate bar.

For the first time I took all the time in the world to study her features in detail. The right smile, the small eyes surrounded by long and curled eyelashes were a light chocolate color, her lips were full, and they were a light red color that looked too perfect to be natural.

Feeling a rush of anger and at the same time curiosity without considering the need to think anymore, I ask her: "Why did you move here?" I ask because I realize I know absolutely nothing about her. "Let me start over..." she answered, but still I couldn't understand her. "What are you supposed to mean?" I look at her and take a bite of the delicious chocolate bar. "Blood was not enough to bind a family. They condemned me to go far away, because I was not like them. And I came here to end the torture, where I really found a home full of positivity."

When I wanted to reveal more about Octavia's interested story, I was stopped by Zoe, who as if out of nowhere appeared next to me, smiling from ear to ear at the sight of us. I expected Octavia to get up to hug her at least, weren't they together? But she didn't, instead I felt her hand touch my little one and I flinched. I turn my gaze towards her and she was looking at me with doe eyes, innocent like those of a child with a devilish smile. "there was a leaf next to you, I put it aside." She gets up from the bench and walks away as if everything that happened so far never happened.

I turn my head to my friend who was grinning devilishly at me. I knew she wanted me to tell her everything that happened since I got here, and who I got here with. I wanted to tell her everything that was going through my head but I didn't know what situation I was going to put her in, if they are really together I declare myself a horrible friend. Because I only allowed myself to think about what was hers. And what kind of friend would that make me?

And this makes me think about my feelings for my boyfriend. I was already coming to terms with the idea that the flame of passion was no longer there, but love? Was there love between us? Or was what we ever had love? Because I don't know how to give a definition of true love, all I know is how to describe attachment. What did I come to think?

.