Dinner

The following day was pretty boring, they were really just observing me at this point. Mark's friends stopped by for a short while to wish me well, for which I was very grateful. Then of course there was notifying the fans, Mark helped me do a short video. I was fine really, I felt better than the day before, hell even the week before. By mid afternoon my insulin levels were determined to be normal as was everything else. I was instructed to eat not only better, but small snack between meals to ensure my blood sugar stays stable. All in all, between not eating and my stress, my body had gone a bit wacky on me.

That evening I was released, and free to go. Tom picked Mark and I up from the hospital and brought us back to their mom's place. This time I wasn't nervous at all, I had no reason to be now. Upon entering the house we slip of our shoes and I step in a bit only to be greeted by a large white fluffy dog. My eyes light up and immediately I begin to love on her, and I knew who she was from pictures Mark had shown me.

"Oh my goodness, you are so gorgeous and fluffy." I chuckle and love on her a bit more.

Standing up straight his mom approaches us and she surprisingly gives me a big hug. Happily I return it, happy to be out of the hospital, and glad we didn't have to change the Thanksgiving plans at all. While hugging I realized we were about the same height, me being an inch or so taller. I don't know why it's so significant in my mind, maybe I just never noticed my height difference with Mark until that moment.

"Come on, dinner is ready, you kids must be starving." She says and ushers us to the dinner table.

Once settled in our seats we soon find we are having chicken and dumplings and the excitement on Mark's face was priceless. I make a mental note to get this recipe from his mom so I could surprise him with it sometime.

We eat, chatting casually as we did, and I answered all the standard questions a mother could ask. Then finally around dessert, it came to the one question I was nervous about.

"Is it true that it was you who won the lottery?" She questions oh so casually.

I blush but nod. "Yes, it is. It is also the reason my house was broken into, but that issue had since been fixed. I upped my security and such." I smiled warmly. "Also, I have a trustworthy financial adviser and attorney. They both keep me in check and protect me, as well as Mark." I glanced to him, he looked surprised.

"What..what do you mean?" He questions.

"I've asked them to help you out too, to ensure your financial security as well. Don't worry, you don't have to pay them anything." I smiled and he looked relieved as well as his mother.

With that, the topic was settled and we finished out dessert before I helped Momiplier clean up, while the boys went and played video games.

As I helped her do dishes we chatted a little.

"You really love him, don't you?" She asks with a knowing smile on her lips.

"With all of my heart, I just.." I chuckles softly. "He's amazing, I owe a lot to him, he's helped me with so much. He's my light, ever shining, keeping me from straying too far off the path." A blush crept up on my cheeks and I continued washing the dishes.

She smiles warmly and happily. "He did turn out to be a wonderful man. I could never fully express how proud of him I am. His father would be proud too, very proud." I saw her tear up a little and I quickly dry my hands to give her a warm hug.

After our moment of bonding we finished cleaning up, the chatting being more light hearted and casual . Once done we made some tea and sat out on the back deck, talking some more, she shared stories about Mark and I shared my own. We were getting along surprisingly well, and I couldn't be happier about that.

Mark eventually joins us, kissing his mom on the cheek then me before he sat beside me.

"She's not telling lies about is she?" He questions me with a grin.

"Nah, just about how much of a dumb kid you were." I tease him, and we all get a chuckle out of it.

More chatting ensues and after a while, it gets a little too chilly out so we retreat inside where she says goodnight.

"Now, you kids better keep it down." She teased us and we chuckled.

"I won't let Mark yell too much." I say before she heads off to bed.

Mark and I spend some time with Tom before he heads off as well, then it as just Mark and I all alone. He took this opportunity to lean in, kissing at my neck lightly. Playfully I shove him away. "Down boy." I chuckle softly.

"I'm not sleepy yet, lets play some games." I say trying to distract him.

"I know what game we can play." He waggles his eyes brows as he spoke in a low sexy voice.

I place my hand on his cheek and shove him away lightly. "Mark Edward Fischbach, I am NOT doing that in your mother's house." I say sternly before he proceeds to tickle my sides. I could help but giggle and try to squirm away.

"I meant we could play a card game or something." He blatantly lies and continues to tickle me.

I was out of breathe and had given up on squirming away, finally he stopped and I was able to catch my breath. "You're lucky I love ya to death." I breathe and chuckle lightly. Mark chuckles as well before kissing me softly.

Getting up he grabs a deck of cards before returning. Sitting at the coffee table we spend a few hours just playing games, laughing and having a good time.

It was around two in the morning when we called it quits and he dragged me off to our room. Changing into warm PJs I crawl into bed with him and very happily doze off in his arms.

Life was good.