The Collab

The next afternoon I found myself at Mark's place, we sat on the couch chatting. We were trying to figure out what to play for the collab. It was just easier to discuss this all in person, at least for me.

"What about Prop Hunt?" Mark asks, a grin on his lips.

"Hmm, I've actually wanted to play that for a while. Who else would we play with?" I question curiously.

"Well, who would you be comfortable with? I can get Jacksepticeye and possibly Pewdiepie." He states.

The mere thought made me nervous and I bit my lip. "I-I don't know if I'm ready for that yet." I shake my head a bit. Mark nods in understanding and smiles.

"I can always get my friends Bob and Wade." He suggests.

"Hmm, that could work actually." I smile a bit, I was still nervous, but not as much and I wasn't sure why. Perhaps it's because I knew Mark knew them personally, which somehow made me more comfortable.

"Well it's a deal then, we actually have plans to play tonight, and we do have a spot open. Yamimash had to cancel, sadly. So when I was pointed to your videos, I knew I had a person to fill in for him." Mark beams happily. "So are you available tonight?"

"Oh of course I am! I mean I planned on a few more games, but Prop Hunt will certainly change it up a bit." I reply happily.

"Awesome, well if you don't mind, Prop Hunt will go up on my channel. But we will surely play another game, just you and I to put on your channel as well."

"Oh that's not a problem at all, what about another Gmod map?" I question curiously.

"We can do that, find one you want to play and we'll do it." He smiles.

"Sounds like a plan! We can do that tonight as well if we have time, I'm a night owl so I'm up all hours of the night. Perfect for getting gaming done." I chuckle.

We talk a bit longer, and he gives me tips and such on editing, which I make a mental note of. After about an hour we say our goodbyes and I head on home to get everything ready and set up. I find another Gmod map I want to play and let Mark know. We had exchanged Skype info so we could communicate a bit quicker online. After words I spend some time with (f/n), not wanting her to feel too left out of everything. Although I didn't tell her who I was collabing with just that it was three other people and that it was Prop Hunt. She understood my need to keep it secret for now, and we simply changed the subject as we headed out to grab a bit of food.

~Couple Hours Later~

It was time for collab and before we got started officially recording, Mark introduced me to his friends. He had already told them about me and directed them to my youtube page, so they got a sense of what I did and the such.

We talked a bit before we got started. Mark did his intro and introduced me, I almost froze a bit but mentally shoved myself and said hello. Mark asked a few questions and I answered them, then Wade piped up. "Is it true you didn't even know Mark was a Youtuber at first?"

I chuckle a bit. "Yeah, completely true. I had no clue until my third or so video when people kept mentioning him, I remembered my friend had mentioned him a few times so I looked him up. That's when I found out that the odd, and funny guy I met in the Ikea parking lot was some famous YouTuber. " I give a little laugh.

The others laugh as well and we get to playing. We had a blast, especially me, it was something new and super fun and I really enjoyed myself. I even enjoyed the silly nonsense that went on, and never once did I feel left out among them. It was certainly a positive experience that changed my opinion on multiplayer games. I had typically avoided them, but I no longer will.

Once it was all over it was just Mark and I, and we set out on making my video. It made me a little nervous at first and I actually did my intro three times before the words flowed out of my mouth in the correct order. What I had picked was a horror map that I knew would probably scare the shit out of both of us, which was always good for a laugh.

We spent nearly an hour playing, getting the shit scared out of us damn near the entire time. I loved every moment of it though, at one point he had me laughing so hard I was crying which made me laugh even harder.

Once we were all done, we chatted a bit as I worked on editing my video a little bit. It was going to be an amazing video, I just hoped all my viewers liked it. After a bit we said goodnight as it was pretty late and I wanted to get the editing done.

"Night, hun." He says with that grin in his voice.

"Night, Mark." I reply, grinning as well at what he called me. It was amusing more than anything and I knew he meant it in a friendly manner.

Once I finished editing the video I uploaded it and queued it up for the next afternoon around the same time Mark was going to release his. After that I head to bed, crawling into it and passing out pretty much right away.

It had been a long night. Fun, but long.