Cast Off

Once we got back home, things slowly fell back into order. We got back to our normal video routines, and things were going pretty good. Things seemed to settle among the fandoms and that was a very good sign.

After a couple weeks of me ending up crawling into Mark's bed, because I missed him so much, we decided to share rooms. Since mine was the master suite, Mark moved in to mine and we made what was his into another guest room. Though this was also after we managed to break Mark's bed, how you may wonder, just use your imagination.

Today though, I had a doctor appoint to get my arm and head checked out. Doctors always made me nervous, I have what they call "White Coat Syndrome" I had been this way pretty much all my life. Mark took time out of his recording to take me to the appoint me and just be there as support in general. Thankfully I had one of the best Doctor's in L.A. So I didn't have too much to worry about.

As we sat in the exam room, waiting I look to Mark. "So, what are we doing for Thanksgiving?" I ask him curiously.

"Well, I planned on going to Cincinnati." He admitted.

I personally didn't have plans quite yet, "Can...go with you. I think I should meet your mother, and brother." I bit my lip and looked up at him, having looked down nervously.

"Actually.. I was going to ask if you wanted to go." Mark beamed.

"Well, Mister I want to go." I wink and then there was a knock on the door.

The Doctor enters and gives me a warm smile. "Ah, Miss. (l/n). How are we doing today?"

"Pretty good." I smile

"Any pain?" He asks..

"Nope. The pain stopped aboooout two weeks ago I believe."

"Good good." He replies and glances to Mark. "You're a very lucky young lady, to have a man that sticks by you through all this."

I giggled a little.. "I know, but I'd do the same for him in a heart beat." I glanced to Mark.

The Doctor smiles warmly and does his thing. A few minutes later I'm taken to get X-rays while Mark waited in the exam room. I'm only gone ten minutes before returning to him.

"That was quick."He points out and I grin.

"The perks of having the best doc around." I wink.

Chatting a bit, the Doctor returns several minutes later.

"Well, looks like everything is healing very well." He speaks and pulls up the x-rays on his tablet to show me. I could see the screws, and where the bone was healing. It looked pretty good to me, but then I wasn't a doctor. He then showed my the x-rays of before the surgery, I actually hadn't seen them before.

"Oh wow, that was pretty gnarly." I say and he puts the two x-rays side by side for me to compare. "I see, wow that's kinda cool to see." I grin some, Mark had even looked and was a bit surprised.

"So, we are going to remove the cast and see how it's doing without it and we will go from there." The Doctor gave a charming smile and I nod.

A technician came in to remove it with the special saw. "Wow, quite colorful." she joked a bit as she admired the little messages and art work.

"Haha, thanks. I let our fans sign it at a convention." I nod to Mark.

The technicians eyes widen just a little and she grins. "Ah, so you are (u/n) I was kind of wondering. I'm a fan of both of you."

Mark smiles warmly, probably thankful that she wasn't fangirling. Then again she was probably in her late twenties so she was a bit more lax, that and they treated celebrities here often so she didn't get star struck so easily.

"Really? That's pretty awesome. Well, lets get this thing off, I'll try and save the art work." She winks and I chuckle, I actually hadn't planned on keeping the cast I had plenty of pictures of it.

The saw made me nervous at first, but really it was more noisy than anything, the vibrations tickled my arm a bit and I couldn't help but laugh. Of course Mark was filming the entire thing.

"Now, it's going to be stiff, a little sore and pretty itchy." She warns as she gets it off and cuts through the cotton and the stockinette.

"Aahh... you weren't kidding. That's super stiff." I grimace a little and the Doctor comes in. They check my range of motion and he decides on another x-ray. All seemed good, and my pain was expected. He gives me a splint to wear for extra support, I could take it off to shower, or sleep if I want.

"Over all you're good to go. I would like you to do some physical therapy to get it back up to par as it continues to heal. I also would like you to wear the splint for at least another two weeks." His tone was serious and I nod in reply.

"Anything but that cast will be amazing at this point." I chuckle.

Everyone else chuckles as well and I smile. They show both Mark and I how to work the splint and they get on my arm. The pain decreased to a dull ache and I was glad for that, I was just happy to have full movement of my fingers again.

After a bit everything was said and done and I was able to head out feeling pretty good with the results. I really would have liked no splint but I hadn't been resting as much as I should have been, so I know that delayed things a bit. Either way, I was cast free!

When we get to the car Mark looks at me with a smile. "Wanna go celebrate?" He asks

"Hmm sure, I...want... hmm.. steak!" I beam and get into the car. He chuckles a bit and gets in as well.

"You sure you don't want to drive?" He looks to me.

"Nah,I'm good, still can't move this arm much, so I'd rather not risk it." I smile. "Plus I like having you as my chauffeur." I tease and lean over to kiss his cheek gently.

"Well, I'm the luckiest chauffeur to be driving an amazingly beautiful woman around." Mark winks.

Naturally I blush deeply but smile. "I'm lucky to have the hottest chauffeur in LA." I reply.. "And...I get to bang him."I wink and buckle up.

All I get is a laugh from him as he too buckles up before we head off to get some food. Today is a good day. No, an amazing day!

~~~~

A/N: Yeaaaaaaah it's a filler chapter. Sorry. :( But hey it's something, right?