Going For It

(f/n)= Friend's name.

From that moment, that man plagued my mind constantly. I couldn't get anything done as I kept see that smile in my mind or hearing his infectious laugh. "Fuuuuuuuck no no no no." I groan to myself as I throw myself into bed and grab my laptop off the nightstand. I needed to talk to my friend about this, she was an expert in men, or so she liked to think.

Once it was booted up I saw her on Skype and without hesitation I promptly video call her. She answered in seconds, a worried look on her face once it loaded.

"Holy shit (y/n) you're alive!" she exclaims but laughs. "What's up, girl? It's been ages."

I laugh a bit and shake my head. "Not much, just been settling into my new place, making a new friend," I reply, almost hesitant on the friend part.

"A new friend? Is he hot?" She asks right away, making me blush.

"Just stop stop, how'd you even know it was a guy?"

"I know that look in your eyes, (y/n). It's a guy a hot guy and you're in luuuuuuust~" she teases.

I nearly ended the call right there but didn't. "Uhg, you know me too well. Yes it's guys and he's... just. No, you know what no! I won't get into this, he's a friend just a friend, only a friend." I say and take a deep breath before collapsing back onto my pillows.

There was silence from my friend.

"He's...gorgeous... funny..kind.. a true gentleman." I finally spit out after a few long moments of silence.

"Aaaaand?"

"And... I'm falling for him.... his name is Mark." I let out a dreamy sigh.

"Uh huh... this Mark. What does he do for a living?" She asks sounding mildly skeptical.

"What...why is that important?" I ask and sit up.

"Oh, it's not, was just curious really." She hums a bit. "So have you figured out what to do with your life?" Thankfully she changes the subject.

"No, not really... I mean what is there to do. School is boring, acting is no go, modeling no go, not that those were an option at all." I chuckle dryly.

"Well, you can become a youtuber, you're in the perfect city for it." She says casually.

"Really? Me? The one with the looks and personality of a potato?" I question, sounding skeptical.

"Oh hush, you're gorgeous and funny and sweet. You'd be wonderful~"

I couldn't help but blush some. "What would I even do? There are tons of craft channels already. I'd have to stick to one thing right?" I ask seeming unsure because I was unsure. Cameras made me nervous, though I'm sure I'd get over that.

But what would I do, I'm not good at any one thing.

"Not really, some have a few sub-channels for other things. You could do video games, that's super popular right now." (f/n) suggest.

"Really? I mean I've watched a few here and there but. I don't think I have the personality for it."I was super skeptical at this point.

We discussed this for a while longer, and I get nothing but praise from her, she really knew how to make me feel better about myself. In the end, I settled on trying video games, but I didn't know what to do or where to start.

"You know what, I'm getting you the next flight out here. I NEED your help and I could really use the company. Mark is awesome and all, but... I need my bestest girl around." I give her the smile she couldn't resist.

"Okay, okay. Let me pack first." She laughs, not bothering to resist, she knew it was futile.

As she packed we still talked and I booked her flight for two hours from then. It would only take a few hours after that for her to get here which was quite alright. I was super excited now, and couldn't wait to see her.

Hours later we were heading out of LAX, and It felt so good to have her with me now. On the way home she insisted we get to shopping for some equipment, and after a bit of shopping around I had what I hoped was all I needed to get started. I didn't splurge and get the top of the line everything, I felt that would be jumping ahead too far, I needed to work up to the good stuff, I wanted to be sure this was something I really really wanted to do before I invested any more money into it. It was bad enough I bought a pretty darn good desktop PC for this, my little laptop had seen better days.

When we got back to my place, (f/n) was in absolute awe. "Holy shit, your place is huge." she gasps as we head inside.

"It only looks big because it's completely empty," I state as I set the bag on the island in the kitchen, it was really my only surface available. I move quickly to deactivate the alarm before returning to her. "It's not a mansion, but bigger than anything we've ever lived in," I add and quietly wonder where I'm going to set up at.

(f/n) looks around a bit before looking to me. "We need to go shopping, you can't have a hot guy over to this bareness."

"Actually, I already have. Mark came over yesterday, he ended up crashing here. NOTHING HAPPENED!" I added the last bit knowing what she'd jump to.

"Okay, okay, I believe you." she winks. "We still need a place to set up and a desk, you need a desk, and a chair. Most certainly one of those," she says as she thinks a bit. "You have a spare room?"

"Do I? I have three spare rooms, wait no four." I chuckle and lead her to the first one that was downstairs. "I think this would make the perfect study, office thingy place," I state as I open the door.

She steps in and looks around. "I agree, it'll do."

I raise a brow but shake my head, I knew she had some sort of plan in that pretty little head of hers. I was a bit afraid of what it might be, because that girl was totally unpredictable.