Epilogue - The Dance

It had been a year after Wasp was thrown in jail, Jewel was elected new president and everything seemed perfect. People voted Lady Scarab as president but she left town a few months ago, to find Sequoia and Monarch. Pantala High was back and running and the six who had saved the world were practically celebrities in the small town.

~*~*~*

Sundew's birthday was coming up and it was the other five's new mission to make it perfect. There was only one thing: Sundew's birthday was on the day of the school dance but Belladonna wouldn't let her go.

"I'm not afraid you will get kidnapped or anything." Belladonna said while Sundew had asked for the millionth time why she wouldn't go. "I'm afraid you might meet a boy."

What. If only Belladonna knew Sundew was already in a relationship.

"In the email the teachers sent out they said that the dance was the most romantic night of the year. Who knows what a bunch of teenagers would get up to."

"Romantic if you have a date, which I don't." Sundew lied, she was planning to go with Willow. "I just want to go with my friends."

"Your friends can go without you, your friend group is big enough." Sundew groaned and slumped onto the couch. "Last year you didn't even want to go." Belladonna pointed out. That was before I met Willow, and really had any friends. Sundew thought. "I'm going to my room." The teen said, and ran up the stairs.

The girl shut the door of her room and lay on her bed, grabbing her phone. She clicked on the group chat.

Sundew: 

Help. My mom wont let me go to the dance.

Willow:

Oh no! Is there any way we can convince her?

Sundew:

Knowing Belladonna, there is probably nochance that will work.

Luna:

So plan B, sneak out.

Willow:

Sneak out? Won't she get in trouble?

Sundew:

Not if we do it correctly.

Willow:

Still . . . I think it is wrong.

Luna:

Great! We will be outside your house at 5pm, Friday next week.

Sundew:

Perfect :D

Sundew knew she could count on Luna to convince her friends to sneak her out and she counted on Cricket to do it without getting them caught. But there was another problem. Sundew didn't have a dress.

"Mom!" She called, while running down the stairs. "I'm going shopping!" Sundew was already halfway out the door when she heard her mom say: "You? Shopping? Fine, just don't spend too much!"

Sundew got into the car that she had gotten for her 16th birthday. She wasn't a super good driver but she was good enough.

Once Sundew had arrived back home, she was satisfied with her shopping. She bought a dress as well as seeds for sunflowers.