The Maze

After everyone got back on their feet and talking, Cricket got a sharp pain through her head. She nearly dropped the flask when she pressed her fingers to her temples, trying to reduce the headache. You're not going to complete the task you know, you're going to fail and all your friends will leave you. Your boyfriend doesn't really love you . . . Shut up Wasp, I know everything you say is lies.

Cricket frowned angrily at the floor and then looked at Blue. Blue frowned at her. Oh no, Did Wasp tell him the same thing? That I don't really love him? Cricket tried to smile at him and he smiled back. Hopefully he knew that Wasp was spreading lies.

"Swordtail! How could you think that, I thought you really liked me," Cricket turned around to see Luna and Swordtail arguing.

"What do you mean I didn't like you! You're the one who doesn't love me!" Swordtail retorted.

Luna's eyes turned completely white and said something that she would never have said if she was in her own mind. "That's rubbish, with a fake boyfriend like you, we are never going to stop the tornado! You are such a DUMB IDIOT!I HATE you," She looked at everyone else, who was frozen with shock. "ALL of you," She finished.

That did it. Swordtail didn't even try to hold back the angry tears that were rolling down his cheeks. Swordtail growled in frustration that was at another level. "Well,- well . . well guess what! I might as well leave you then if you say mean stuff like that, And,- and . . and YEAH!" And with that, Swordtail turned on his heels and walked away into somewhere HE didn't even know where.

Luna's white eyes glittered in the sun. Then a malevolent grin crossed her face. Cricket had no idea what was happening but she knew Luna wasn't herself. Cricket ran after Swordtail, tears flying behind her as she ran at top speed. She skidded to a stop and looked up. A tall hedge was rising in between her and Swordtail. Angrily, she grabbed a branch of the hedge and another and another, but trying to climb the hedge was no use. It was too tall. She backed away from the wall and ran up to it again.

When there was only a few feet between her and the hedge, she jumped. Cricket held her hands out, ready to grab the leaves. Her hands grabbed onto one loose leaf, causing her to slip and fall. She sat against the hedge, defeated. Blue came over and patted her back.

"It's going to be alright," he said reassuringly. As he said that, more hedges started to rise from the ground, forming a huge maze, covering almost the entire field. 

"Aww," Sundew said sadly, not sarcastically, but actually sad. "If Ants-for-Brains Stupid Guy isn't here, who will I get to tease? You know what? I'm going over," She said. Sundew didn't have to repeat herself, within a second, she was almost at the top of the hedge. "Ugh," She grunted, heaving herself into a comfortable sitting position on the top of the hedge. Cricket was mesmerized. Sundew stood up and leapt off the wall.

Cricket blinked, realizing that everything that happened, just happened. She kicked the wall and sat down. Her head in her hands. First, They lost Swordtail, then they lost Sundew. Now they were stuck with Blue, Willow, Cricket, and crazy -not-herself-white-eyed Luna.

....................................................

"Now, where did that frog faced idio- I mean Swordtail, go?" Sundew muttered. "Hmm, There." Sundew pointed to one corner where there was a turn. She looked around. Right, I'm on my own. She thought. Maybe going over the hedge wasn't the best idea. The girl turned around and tried to climb the wall again. "Dammit, It got higher!"
She grumpily eyed the turn again, shrugging, she walked into it.