The deadly Nightshade

The rest of the group seemed to have noticed what she saw. "How are we going to get across the lava?" Willow asked. "Don't worry, We will find a way, we always do," Replied Cricket. "Hmm, do you think a big boulder would float on the lava?" Cricket asked herself.

"Thought you were supposed to be the smart one," Sundew said. "Well, yes," Cricket said, walking over to a big boulder huddled in the corner. "Do you think this would be big enough to float in the lava?"

"You never know until you find out," Blue said. Blue went over to where Swordtail was trying to lift the rock and picked up one end while Swordtail did the other. Cricket sighed dreamily. "He's so hot," She whispered, a bit louder than she had intended. Cricket quickly slapped her hand to her mouth, realizing she had said it aloud. Together, they dropped it into the lava pool, followed by a big splash. Cricket bit her lip, hoping it would work. To her and everyone's surprise, it floated.

After a while of dropping more and more rocks into the lava, they finally had a decent path to the little platform in the middle of the pool that held the nightshade. Sundew stood up. "I'll go across," She volunteered helpfully. "Oh," Cricket said, surprised. "That's nice of you."

"I really like deadly plants like these," Sundew said, and a wide grin crossed her face. Before Cricket even blinked, Sundew was having the time of her life, hopping from rock to another. In an instant, she was back, with the plant in her firm grip. "What do we do with this now?" Sundew asked, examining the leaves.

Cricket closed her book shut and stood up.

"Am I seriously the only one who remembers the rest of the task?" She took the flower from Sundew's hand.

"We have to crush it into a potion," She said slowly.

"Ahhh, I remember now," Swordtail commented "helpfully". Luna rolled her eyes at her boyfriend. "What he meant was, Yes Cricket, We all forgot, thanks for reminding us," Luna said. Cricket managed a smile at her. Maybe she does like me. Cricket thought. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't realize Sundew trying to get her attention. "Hello? Earth to Cricket," Sundew said, constantly poking poor Cricket's shoulder.

"Oh," Cricket said, startled. "Yeah, I was just thinking."

"Well think about this, How do we crush this thing and once it is a potion, where do we keep it?" Sundew snapped.

Cricket did think. She thought and thought and thought, until Wasp's annoyingly annoying voice spoke. Thiiiiiis is taking soooo long, She moaned. Here is a clue, use the L A V A.

This time, what she had said was actually helpful, and Cricket got the answer. "What if we crush up the nightshade with, I don't know, a rock? And then add some lava to the potion," Cricket said hopefully.

"That could work," replied Blue.

"But if the deadly nightshade melts because doing that was the wrong thing, that's your fault," Swordtail chimed in.

"I know if it doesn't work it will be my fault, but I have a really good feeling about this," Answered Cricket. Swordtail leaned against the rock walls and crossed his arms. "Hmmph," He snorted. "I don't think we should do it, we could all die. I think instead we should just eat the deadly nightshade." Blue blinked at him.

"But it's deadly-" he started.

"Let's have a vote!" Willow said. Everyone agreed that was a good idea.

"All in favor of Cricket's idea," Luna said, in an important voice. Blue, Luna, Sundew and Willow's hands rose into the air. The great feeling of being supported by your friends filled Cricket's blood. Swordtail frowned confidently. "Sorry Swordtail-" Cricket started, but was interrupted by Swordtail.

"No, You don't need to apologize, you had more votes, it's only fair we do your idea."

Luna put a comforting arm around her boyfriend's shoulder. "Don't be sad," she said cutely. Crushing the flower was easier than expected and they had found a big enough rock that caved inward, like a bowl. They soon discovered that bowl rocks were everywhere! Willow carefully scooped up a handful of lava inside a rock and slowly poured it into the potion. Cricket held her breath as the potion started to bubble. It bubbled harder and started to fizz. The fizzing went on for a few minutes before it slowed and revealed the mixture underneath all the foam.

The potion had turned a sort of purple and blue color, with hints of silver swirling around. It looked rather pretty to Cricket.

"Guys do you hear that?" Blue suddenly said. The rest of the group strained their ears to listen.

"It sounds like glass hitting the side of a wall," Sundew said.

As she said that, the sound grew louder. A glass flask tumbled out of the tunnel entrance and Blue caught it before it could break.

"This is perfect! We can put the potion in here," Willow exclaimed. She right away, grabbed a bowl-rock thing, got some of the potion, and poured it into the flask.

"Wait guys," Blue realized. "Where's Bumblebee?"

Cricket froze, she looked down at her arms and relaxed her shoulders. Bumblebee was fast asleep.