Confrontation (Last chapter!)

The group hurried down the school corridor and out into the wind.

"We want to stop Wasp, right?" Blue asked. "Then we should go to her."

"Right." Cricket said. "I have a strange feeling that she won't be in her office, I think she will be in that weird throne room." Blue and Luna nodded.

"How will we get there?" Swordtail pointed out. "We don't know where it is."

"So we go the way we came." Cricket said. "We go back through the school into the out of bounds room and back to her throne room. That's the only way we know so it makes sense, right?" But Luna was already going back inside and soon the other caught up to her in the out of bounds room.

"Wait." Cricket said. She went back and opened the door to Principal Jewel's office. "Um," She said, stepping in. The principal looked up. "This might be a lot to ask but . . . can I leave Bumblebee with you?" Jewel's eyes widened for a moment and went back to a tired stare.

"I mean, If we are going to face Wasp, I don't want to traumatize her." Cricket thrust the baby into the bewildered principal's hands and was already running out the door.

~*~*~*

The group jumped through the hole that led to the tunnels and landed on their feet, in the same rocky stone cave where they had fled the Wasp's evil vines.

The throne room had the same eerie lighting, A sort of green glow coming from the vines and glowing phosphorescent mushrooms. The air was thick with tension as Luna, Cricket, Swordtail, and Blue cautiously entered.

In the center of the room, Wasp lounged on her throne, her eyes gleaming with malice.

"Well, well, well." She sneered, a wicked smile playing on her lips. "Look who decided to visit again."

Cricket stepped forward, her gaze unwavering. "It's over, Wasp. We are here to stop you and save pantala." Cricket looked determined, and ready to do whatever was thrown at them.

Wasp chuckled darkly. "Stop me?" She mused. "What makes you think you have the power?"

Cricket inhaled a sharp breath and took Blue's hand. "We have the truth," she said. "And we're not afraid to tell pantala about your little friends, remember Monarch and sequoia?"

Wasp's eyes widened, then narrowed. "Scarab." She hissed. "That little-" She stopped and leaned back in her chair, her hand on her head. "How old are you? Twelve?" Wasp asked, eyeing the group.

"Actually it was Jew-" Swordtail started, but then was cut off by Luna stepping on his foot. "What are you going to do to her?" Blue asked nervously.

"The question should be," Wasp said with a sigh. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Nothing!" Luna interjected. "Because in a few minutes you will be behind bars with no power!" CRicket added. The president laughed coldly and leaned forward to settle her obsidian gaze on the teenager. "The only people going behind bars will be my idiotic aunt and her useless daughter." She tapped her chin thoughtfully. "And maybe some of you parents too. I'm sure Malachite and Katydid won't be too pleased about that."

Cricket flinched and Blue pulled her closer to himself. Just then the door burst open and Sundew tumbled inside, her leg in a boot and a bandage around her shoulder. Willow came in too, her arm in a cast and bruises and cut almost everywhere else. Blue winced and Cricket ran towards them, wrapping her arms around her friends.

"Sundew!" She cried. "Willow! You're alright! By all the stars, what happened?"

"We woke up in the hospital," Willow explained. "At least we have Nettle and Bombardier to blame." Sundew murmured. She looked around. "Where are they?" She asked. Cricket sighed. "We have no idea. They disappeared when you got hit. My only hope is they fell into a hole and died."

Meanwhile~ "This is stupid." Nettle muttered. "It's not stupid." Bombardier replied. "You saw that place, it's better now that we're back in Pantala."

"You're just a wimp." Nettle retorted. "At least it's not raining over there."

Back to interesting people~

Sundew looked up at Wasp's smug face. "What's your deal?" She asked with a flare of anger.

"Oh! Um . . ." Cricket said. "Can I ask you a question?"

"You already asked." Wasp answered boredly. "But sure. It just better not be a distraction again."

"Alright" Cricket said. "Why did you save Sundew and Willow?" Blue realized that was a good question, why didn't Wasp just let them die? "Ohhh" Wasp said at length. "Because they are valuable." She said. The president got up and walked over to Willow. Sundew stood in front of Willow and scowled. "You two," Wasp said, ignoring Sundew. "Have a power that you don't know, and that power can be fairly useful to me." She hissed.

"You can-"

"Control plants with our minds?" Sundew interrupted. "Yeah. I actually do know, and so does Willow." Everyone looked astonished and Wasp sat back on her throne, but Cricket looked extremely fascinated. "You do?" She asked, adjusting her glasses. Her face looked curious and not sad for the first time since the mission started. "Really? Oh my gosh why didn't you tell me!?"

"Because we didn't know if we could trust you." Sundew answered flatly.

"You can totally trust us!" Swordtail cried. "I still haven't blabbed about how you were actually the one who spilled the cheetos on Blue's new carpet!"

Sundew groaned and gave Blue an apologetic look. Luna face-palmed. "Wait." Cricket said, looking at Sundew. "Is you and Willow the reason why we didn't get eaten in the poison jungle?"

"Yeeeeeeeees," Sundew said, as if that was what she had wanted to hear her whole life. "Thank you for noticing how we were moving the plants away."

"You're welcome." Cricket said. She bit her nails and glanced at Sundew. Sundew mouthed: 'What?' and Cricket leaned over to whisper in her ear. Sundew grinned and passed the message to Willow who looked openly horrified, but Sundew whispered something else and Willow's face softened.

"Wasp," Sundew said. "You're right that our power can help you, but I thought of something even better." Wasp skeptically raised her eyebrows. "You care about your citizens, right?" Sundew carried on. "So we will use our power to help the people of Pantala, and you as well." Willow added. "How." Wasp demanded.

"Like this."

They closed their eyes and vines near Wasp started moving and curling up the throne.

"What are you doing?!" She hissed.

"What I was born to do." Sundew deadpanned. Willow took Sundew's hand and opened her other, to reveal a Hackled Orb Weaver. The spider crawled up the vines and onto Wasp. The president frantically tried to blow it off, then she stopped moving.

"DID YOU KILL HER?" Blue cried. "Don't worry," Sundew said grumpily. "The half-wit passed out of fear before the spider could bite her. If she was smart she would know that Hackled Orb Weavers aren't venomous at all." Sundew bent down and put the spider into one of her pouches.

"Let's get out of here." Swordtail said. They all nodded in agreement.

~*~*~*

The group traveled back through the tunnels and out of the school. "Wait!" Cricket cried. "I need to get Bumblebee, I left her with Jewel." She turned to go back inside but the principal was already there.

"I'm guessing you succeeded." She said, handing Cricket the sleeping child. "Otherwise you would still be in there. You six seem to have that 'Never giving up' spirit."

"That's us!" Luna agreed. "oh, and can you find her throne room and put her in jail please, she's unconscious right now." Cricket whispered.

"Not dead." Blue added.

A/N: I'm finished! Well not really. There will be an epilogue though but I will post it next week because it will be looooooong. I was going to make it another chapter but the time skip is too big. 

~1326 words~