The Basement

Wind was whipping, it was storming and one of the windows even shattered. "Maybe we should get to the basement" suggested Malachite. "Yeah," said Cricket. "Come on Blue!"

"All right, all right I'm coming!"

They were going down the stairs and then Cricket tripped and fell over Blue and they both tumbled down the stairs laughing, Malachite glared Cricket and Cricket glanced sideways at Blue blushing. They both walked over to an old couch and sat down. Malachite sat in between them and Cricket glared at her Father so Cricket stood up and moved to the other side of Blue and this time she made sure there was no room for her Father. "Father, maybe we should make a fire in the fireplace," asked Cricket. "Sure," answered Malachite. "You do it, I'm taking a nap." "Ugh" Cricket retorted but didn't argue further, she and Blue built a fire. They sat by the fire while Malachite was napping. They looked at each other relieved that they were finally alone well sort of but they looked happy and Cricket leaned forward. "Not so fast," said Malachite. It took Cricket a while to realize it was just Malachite sleep talking . "Phew," said Cricket and then they kissed.

Cricket realized with despair that Bumblebee was playing OUTSIDE in the RAIN while it was FLOODED and the TORNADO SIREN was GOING OFF while BUMBLEBEE was playing with HER DOLLS and she was PRACTICALLY SWIMMING in the FLOOD. "Blue, look outside!" Blue got up and did what Cricket told him. "We need to get her back inside!" Said Blue once he saw her. They heard knocking on the door and they looked through the peephole and saw Bombardier outside holding Cricket's little sister and he was yelling "If you don't let me in I won't give you. . . this thing."

Blue opened the door for them and they came crashing in and Cricket had a feeling this was going to be very awkward.

"Hi," said Cricket awkwardly. "Uh, Thank you? "No prob," said Bombardier, flexing his muscles. "Don't act like I like you because I don't, and I never will," Cricket said. "Don't be so dramatic," said Bombardier. "I know you'll fall for me one day." Cricket shook her head. "Well have a nice day," Cricket said, shoving him out the door. "Wait, It's cold out here!" pleaded Bombardier. "Then why were you out here in the first place!" Cried Cricket. "I don't know!" Bombardier argued. "Let's not get into a fight, how about Bombardier goes home and Cricket and I go back to the basement," said Blue, trying to calm things down. "I'm good with that," said Bombardier, and he turned around and left.

Cricket and Blue went down to the basement and to their surprise, Malachite was awake. "Why did you two leave the basement?" He asked angrily. Cricket didn't know what to say. "We . . uh . . .the door . . .," She stammered. Luckily Blue saved her from being double grounded. "Someone was at the door," Blue said. "And we didn't want to wake you up," he continued. "Did any rain get inside?" Malachite asked, concerned. "Only a little, But we moped it up!" Blue added quickly. "Hmm . . . I need to ask your mother if you deserve to be grounded," Malachite said sternly. Cricket bit her lip. Her mother wasn't strict but hopefully her father didn't exaggerate it like he usually did. It's not like they went outside. Malachite whipped out his phone and typed. Hopefully he wasn't texting her mother. She didn't see how she would get grounded for such a little thing but this was how life made her father and she couldn't argue with that.

Eventually the rain slowed down and they were allowed to come out of the basement to have food. Cricket was so relieved to finally be out of that place. It was ok at the start but then it got unbearable. Just when they were finishing dinner, the tornado alarm went off. Blue, Cricket and Malachite grabbed some pillows, blankets, clean clothes and instead of going to the basement, they went to the cellar. Cricket did a quick check to make sure everyone was okay and then ducked inside the cellar.