Necessary Sacrifices.

Start from the beginning

"We dont want any trouble." David's voice was calm and firm.

He marveled at the composure of the king. You never would have guessed that this man in front of him had once been a measly stable boy, afraid of a simple duel. A piece of information he only knew because Snow was much more partial to him then said King. In fact she was dangerously close to actually liking him. He liked that idea.

This was so not the time.

"The Savior."

His head shot up. Panic coursed through every vein in his body, chilling his insides.

"What did you say?" his voice came out harsh, rough.

"The Savior. Where is the Savior?"

No.

"What do you want?" David's voice cut through the air like a knife, but Hook was too frozen, too horrified to back him up.

Oh God.

He wanted Emma. He had no doubt that Ski Mask Man worked for the Crocodile. No doubt that The Dark One had sent this monstrosity to accost Emma, and bring her back to whatever lair the coward was hiding out in. He would want to strip Emma of her powers, a process that would surely kill her.

Not Emma.

Not Emma.

Please not Emma.

His mind was a jumble of emotion, a tangle of thoughts. But in the mess he could only make out two things.

One: This man did not know that Emma was the Savior. Otherwise he would have used her name, and gender. Rumpelstiltskin had evidently only had time to direct his newest muscle towards the house with only the barest of instructions.

Two: He would do anything, anything at all to keep Emma out of harms way.

He got to his feet.

"I'm the Savior."

'And don't even think about spouting some I can take care of myself crap because we both know that it's not true.'

Emma's father let out a hiss, shooting him a look of something he had never seen before. Not from him.

It was worry. He was worried for him.

But at the same time, this was Emma's father. If it was a choice between his daughter and Hook, Emma would always naturally come first.

At least there was one thing they had in common.

The giant man raised his eyebrows.

"You are the Savior?"

"Didn't think I'd be this nice to look at did you?"

The man scoffed and gestured for Hook to walk toward him.

"Apparently its your lucky day," Hook said, hanging back "Its not every day you get to kidnap a devilishly handsome pirate."

The man wasn't in the joking mood evidently, as he pulled out a pair of handcuffs from an inner jacket pocket. Hook was lucky. The man was a moron. Anyone else would have realized that Hook was a little too willing to be kidnapped. Either that or he was under some sort of enchantment, and the giant man wasn't fully aware of his actions. Surely no ones eyes could be that empty.

"Just one moment."

He turned quickly and knelt down beside David.

"Don't let her leave the house. Put up every protection possible and whatever you do, don't let Emma leave this house." His voice was urgent. His eyes were fixed on the Kings.

He needed David to understand. He needed David to keep her safe. N

"The Crocodile will kill me once he realizes his thug here messed up, and he won't be stupid enough to try again. At least not like that. But you have to promise me that you'll do everything. Everything to keep her safe."

Not against Rumpelstiltskin. Not this time.

David nodded. And then, out of nowhere, he put his arms around him. It was a quick embrace, and under different circumstances, it would have been awkward. But it was a goodbye.

"Thank you." He whispered.

There was nothing to say to that. Hook broke away, unable to look David in the eye.

He knew full well that he was walking to his death, but he allowed the man to bind his hands in front of him.

"And, and I dont know. I just-.

Emma's previous words were filling his ears. He knew she would wake up hours later. Wake up to find her father drinking in the kitchen. Her mother would probably be crying. Henry would be distraught. They would tell her what he had done and she'd lose it. She'd probably throw things and yell, because that was his stubborn girl. But after a while she would quiet down. And then she'd do anything and everything in her power to catch The Dark One.

And it killed him. It just killed him. Killed him that he would have to be the one to cause her that pain. Because he knew his Swan, and he could only hope that she wouldn't fold into herself, like he had seen her do after Neal. Her family needed her.

He only had her. She would be the only one who would really, really miss him after he was gone. And maybe Henry.

The others would mourn and move on.

He could only hope Emma could do the same. Because he would never want a life like the one he had had after Milah for her. Never.

The man stepped out of the door, and he couldn't resist turning one last time.

He cleared his throat.

"David?"

"Yes?"

"Tell Emma," he swallowed, refusing to let his voice break "tell Emma I love her."

David only nodded. His eyes unreadable, though he thought he saw a touch of sadness concealed in them. Before he could fully read into it though, he turned to leave.

"I just really want you to be safe."

Im so sorry Emma.

Im so sorry.

But I need you to be safe too.

He followed the man out the door.

Thank You all!

HOPE THAT WASNT TOO PAINFUL TO READ.

Next chapter is from Emma's POV!