Love Lasts Forever

Start from the beginning

The explosion shook the server and took Ren, Skizz, and Jimmy with it. Scott let out a silent scream of pain as he watched his lover disappear into the smoke.

The night before the battle of the red desert, Scott promised Jimmy it would be okay. That he would keep him safe. He failed.

Scott avenged Jimmy, but killing Skizz didn't bring Jimmy back. He died hoping to see Jimmy on the other side.

Scott didn't even realize that Martyn was in front of him, nor did he know he had started to cry until Martyn gently wiped the tears away.

“Hey Scott.” Martyn said softly, pulling Scott into a hug. “Are you okay? Wait, stupid question, you’re obviously not.”

“No I’m fine, it’s just I met Jimmy in the woods and he tried to kill me but  I couldn’t fight him Martyn!” Scott sighed a few more tears, trickling out of his eyes. “I looked at him, and I couldn’t kill him!” Scott buried his face in his hands, and Martyn nodded, understanding.

“I was like that with Cleo the other day, actually.” Scott looked up in shock, and Martyn quickly shook his head. “Not like romantically or anything, but she was my soulmate in the last season, and I still felt like I was connected to her, you know?”

“But I wasn’t soulbound to Jimmy.” Scott sighed, and he leaned his head back.

“But you loved him, and that’s a connection forged even stronger than being soulbound.” Martyn said, and Scott sighed again. “And you probably still love Jimmy too.”

“I can't.” Scott said forcefully. “Jimmy just tried to kill me! And I almost let him!”

“Wait, what do you mean you let him?” Martyn asked, and Scott buried his face into his knees.

“I almost let him kill me. He was basically begging me for thirty minutes.” Scott said, and Martyn patted him on the back. “I don’t get it.”

“Do you think Jimmy will be first out again?” Martyn asked, and Scott nodded.

“It’s been every season now. Why should this one be any different?” Scott asked, standing up and walking out of their house. “I'd best get going, though. With all the yellows trying to kill me, I can’t stay in one place for long.”

“I’ll keep them off your tail, literally.” Martyn promised, and Scott laughed, swishing his tail back and forth.

“Bye.” Scott jumped into the cool water and swam back towards the mainland with only one purpose;

Stay alive.

*****

Jimmy sat on the edge of the Bad Boys' manor and watched the sun set slowly below the horizon, casting its orange glow over the forest. He pulled off his sunglasses and tossed them to the side with a bit of frustration. He wrapped his yellow wings around himself comfortingly, and he sighed as thought back to his interaction with Scott earlier, wishing it had never happened. He didn’t know what had come over him, but when he saw Scott, all he could think about was thirty minutes. He needed thirty minutes. With only twenty-four days to live, everyone was desperate to collect even the smallest amount of time, Jimmy included.

Suddenly, Jimmy saw movement in the forest and noticed Scott running along the treeline, clearly trying not to attract attention. Jimmy sat there for  a while, just staring at Scott. He admired the sleek muscles running through his arms, the tan on his skin from living on the water, and the small way his smile curved upwards when he walked. Jimmy found himself reminiscing about Third Life, when he could hug Scott close, run his fingers through his hair, and they would trade small stories under the stars. Jimmy wished that he could go down to Scott right then and wrap him up in his wings and kiss him all over his face like before. But alas, it was not Third Life, and Scott probably hated him after the stunt he pulled in the forest earlier.