Clear The Air

Tori's POV:

Peaceful was the best way to describe the way my wolf and I had become one. Not shifting for so long felt normal until I did shift and I realized that it in fact felt like a stiff back that needed badly popped. That's how I felt in my own skin without even realizing it, just going on and numbing the pain to forget about it. It had been about four hours since we've shifted and Harper and I have just been either laying beside Destinee or stretching our limbs when we grow uncomfortable or restless. Destinee's wolf slept peacefully and to say I'm glad that I no longer have to worry about her dying is good. I'm getting hungry though and I think Destinee will remain in her wolf form even if we don't.

Corrina? Can you help me change back? I'm not sure how.

It's the same way you did before, dear. Imagine yourself as a human and let your body relax so it's less painful. After the first few times we shift, the pain won't even be noticeable.

I stood up and walked to the den when the front door, key rack, a china cabinet, and staircase leading up. Despite all of the items, it was a pretty bare room. It didn't look bad though! Moving to the square of most space, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I could feel their eyes watching me but who's eyes, I don't know. I didn't really care either. I've determined they aren't much of a threat, if any at all. Except Dre... She waltzed right up to me without even knowing if I were in control. What if I would have hurt her? Not to mention, I get the feeling she knows something I don't.

I felt my bones begin to break and shift again which was not by any means pleasant. I groaned and whined as they shifted back and forth, my muscles tightening, snapping, and reforming with other muscles. My organs were being moved around my body and it made me nauseous, my head spinning. I felt a hand on my back that sent warmth and ease into my body, easing a little of the pain. Before long, I was standing tall and taking deep breaths trying to keep the tears from falling. It really didn't hurt as much as the first time... I really hope Corrina's right though because it still burned.

I shivered and looked down with shock seeing a nude body. Jay was ready though because in less than a second, he had covered me in a blanket and gave me a hoodie and shorts to put on. His hoodie... It smells like him which makes me smile with pure happiness. I don't know what it is about being able to smell his scent but it's exciting and it sets my mind at ease.

"When Destinee is back and ready, we need to train. I heard yours and Lomans' conversation earlier."

"Eavesdropper." Loman growled, narrowing his eyes. I don't know what crawled up his ass but I'm about to lay him out if he doesn't knock it off.

"Are you okay?" I ask, my temper flaring with how he's been acting. He just looked up, had a look of shock and realization, before looking away with a sigh. He knows he's acting weird and he knows he has near to no reason to act that way towards me.

Jay's hand laid on my shoulder, pulling me back to my original point.

"We need to train. Everyone. Mr-" Should I call him Mr. Noah or do I call him Mr. Jax? Do I even call him Mr anymore? "Umm... the alpha of the Fertile Moon Pack is strong, deceitful, and he trains his warriors to kill first, ask questions later." I started talking to them but more so talking out loud so I can brainstorm. We don't know when he's going to attack, where, or how.

A cough sounded from Gifford, having completely forgotten he was in the room too.

"Are all of his pack like you?" He asked, looking at me before glancing at the other two girls. Are they all freaks of nation? Possibly... I really don't know though.

"It's a possibility... Most females die in their twenties but since we've never seen them again, I'm not even sure if they're actually dead." I hummed, thinking of all the girls who were chosen or died from the twenty diseases.